shape
carat
color
clarity

are these "feathers" too big. Should I rule out stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jilljimmom

Rough_Rock
This is a 1.29 carat SI1 rated stone. This is a picture of the bottom image on the diamond. Are these feathers too big? I can see them with a 10x loop looking down into the table. There is one pinpoint on the table and one other on the crown and nothing else except what is on this bottom image. I''ve heard jewelers shun feathers cause the stone could crack etc.
Should I rule out this stone?

cert (2).jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as none of the feathers break the surface I wouldnt worry too much about it.
Face up eyeclean is more important from the looks department.

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Can you see the feathers without a loupe? I don''t know if feathers can destroy the diamond or not. What did the Jeweler say? How much is he charging for the stone? If you are the least bit uncomfortable with it, don''t buy it because you''ll never really be satisfied with it.

My 2 cents.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with strmrdr, if they aren''t threatening the durability of the stone, and don''t bother you too much, I wouldn''t worry all that much about it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results