shape
carat
color
clarity

Signed Pieces/Facets Regular Shared Prong vs. Raphael

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caseyp2005

Rough_Rock
I was almost ready to order my wedding band from Facets until they asked me the final question! I am getting the 1/2 eternity band with 9 princess cut diamonds (total of 0.94 carats). I can get that in either the regular shared prong, like this:

7885.jpg

OR I can get their exclusive Raphael setting which will look like this (all I could find on their site is an eternity band but mine will just have the 9 diamonds like above):

11379.jpg

The description on the Raphael is that "is an open setting which both firmly secures the diamond in place while allowing the internal mirror effect to produce the maximum amount of fire and brilliance within the stone"

Any advise?!? Does anyone have either the regular shared prong or hte Raphael setting from them? Thanks!
Casey

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the Raphael is quite nice looking but not sure if it''s worth the higher price it comes with. If the regular one secures the stones just as well Id go with that.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I have seen both. I went to their booth in NYC to choose my shared prong diamond eternity band, which I am very pleased with. I did not choose their Raphael band, but thought it was very pretty. It''s all a matter of choice, you can''t go wrong with either one, but if price is a factor go with their regular shared prong setting. Just my 0.2! Hope this helps.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how much more for the Raphael brand? i was thinking about buying a 5 stone 1.25 ctw princess ring.is their prices very comparative for the quality of stones.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Their stones are all ideal cut, are F-G in color, VVS-VS1 clarity. Ask for Isaac he can answer any question you may have. I just bought a pair of diamond studs from them too, and they are awesome!! Their prices are extremely competitive. You can't beat their quality, or their pricing, or their money back guarantee for that matter. It's a full 30 day money back guarantee, I don't know any vendor that does that!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I just bought the Raphael setting and also wondered at times if I should''ve just gotten the regular setting. I didn''t have a chance to see them in person. If I eyeball the prices/number of stones for a regular setting, I think I would''ve paid maybe $100-150 less in my size. I had originally wanted a Whiteflash ACA ring so in this case, I sorted of treated myself to the Raphael setting. I love it! It''s beautiful, but then it seems all of their settings are beautiful!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I saw both in person and thought they were both beautiful although the Raphael was slightly more unique. However, if Raphael costs significantly more, i''m not sure i''d go for it. (I went for the bar setting myself).

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Elepri- question for you, since you saw them both in person. Did they look the same from the top (the only way you could tell the difference was by looking at the inside of the band) or was there a noticeable difference overall?

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I think the difference was definitely more noticeable from the side, the Raphael setting is just more open. From the top, i don''t think the difference was that apparent.

caseyp2005

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. The Raphael is a few hundred dollars more but I think I am going to go with the regular shared prong. That is what I wanted to begin with and it is less expensive! My local jewler (who knows us by name and we have bought several things there) quoted us twice as much for lesser quality and made sure to inform us that was their bottom line!

I can''t wait to order it, we are actually going to the jewler where he got my e-ring to switch out the band so I want to get the wedding band before we do that to make sure it lies flush against the band!

Thanks again!
Casey

Little

Rough_Rock
I have the Raphael setting with 9 Asschers. I liked it better because it let more light show through the sides of the stones. I wanted to have as much sparkle as possible from a step cut. I love it!

Here''s my ring:
Let''''s try again - My Asscher band from Signed Pieces

Whatever you decide will be really nice coming from Signed Pieces. My husband (who ordered the ring for me) was very happy dealing with them.

Little
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results