shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about light grey spinel

QuietStorm

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I'm wondering if this is priced right: http://gemcal.com/fancy-spinel-2-87-cts-2794-2

I have been looking for a 1.5ct+ Flanders or square radiant cut light grey spinel for awhile. Contacted Gemcal to see if I could get just the grey stone. Haven't heard back from them yet. If I don't hear back from Gemcal within a week, does anyone know where I can find another one? I've been searching high and low but this is the only one I've found that meets my specifications.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flanders is a very specific cut design which is very difficult to find. A radiant is slightly less challenging to source but only marginally. You are likely to need to commission a custom cut stone if these requirements are firm.

QuietStorm

Rough_Rock
Hi Chrono,

Thanks for the quick reply! I realize that if I buy this, I'm probably paying a premium for brand and cut name. Is the price worth it, even if it's just the one spinel I buy? Or should I go custom and ask a local lapidary for rough?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
If a pinkish gray spinel is what you're looking for, this looks like the thing. Cut is good; it's a clean stone. If the dimensions are right & they'll let you buy just the one, it's worth looking at IRL. The price for one should be acceptable -- but as Chrono says, if you want a more specifc & rare cut, you will probably need to commission one, or prepare for a long search.

--- Laurie

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you like Flanders cut (I do!), talk to Jeff Davies. He consistently offers these stones, varying from small and inexpensive to quite nice and large.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results