shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushy Cushion Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Daze- it's totally the angle of the F that makes it look like that. Can you ask DBOF for some side by sides. I would LOVE to see them. These are both super stones!
As ana said, the L:W on these are really the same. Oh please get DBOF to give us...I mean you...some true side by sides in the same lighting!!!

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Here is a side by side,
the 1.20 D-VS1 is on the Left and the 1.25 F-VVS2 is on the right.

120125cushion compare Crop Resize.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The F is bigger and looks bigger too. They look identical in terms of cut quality. My eye just moves towards the F more. I''d be all over that F!!! What a beautiful stone!

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Another side by side.
Left - 1.20 D-VS1 - Right 1.25 F-VVS2

120125cushioncompare#2 Crop Resized.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
hmm, i can''t see the second picture? but anyway, from the first picture- they both look gorgeous! the F has a less elongated look as it is a little fatter. i definitely prefer that one... but they are both gorgeous stones!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!! those look sooooooo scrumdiliumptious....yum
3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These two look so close ! The slight difference in the huge photo most likely dissapers without trace in nature. Betweem these I''d just go for the better price
1.gif

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Can I do better?

I prefer the 1.25 - F VVS2 because I can see the cutlet in the other; I don't like cutlets.
Even if I don't see it with the naked eye I will know it's there.
Something about the cut attracts me as well, it looks cleaner and more symmetrical.
I'm happy with the F color, looks nice and white and I don't have to pay the D premium.
If I dropped the clarity from VVS2 to vs1 would the price really change? Not much.
Current price is about $9000

Ideally I'd like
F - VS1 1.25 - 1.50
Depth 62-64
table 54-57 (?)
Something a little more square 1.10 (?)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My eye goes to the F. They are beautiful cushions, hard to pick. The F looks a lot bigger? They both sparkle like crazy. Good luck choosing, I know it must be sooo hard!!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2005 12:5:28 PM
Author: MaybeDayze

If I dropped the clarity from VVS2 to vs1 would the price really change? Not much.
Current price is about $9000
For the money, it would be 1.5 cts G/SI1 to me. These two seem quite expensive relative to the "generic" cushion cuts. Also, I wonder if the super bright photos are reasonable indication of what these diamonds look like in real life - unless you never plan to get them in the shade
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... this is the sort of "improvement" I had in mind with the previous post. Does it matter ?

(drawing showing relative size of the current selection and a near square model representing a 1.5 cts piece of similar proportions)

sizeJump.jpg

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Ana, so what you're showing me in your illustration is a cushion with more square proportions?

You're right about G/S1 - 1.50, I'm getting unrealistic and greedy, or I'd seriously stretch the budget.

They do seem more expensive than typical cushions - That's due to the EX/EX - very rare and hard to find, I think only one cutter does this (Daniel K's Cutter.) Also the Depth and tables for these stones are quite good. Most cushions are cut way too deep, also they often cushions carry carat weight in the girdle.

As far as the super bright pics are concerned, yes - I think DBOF tried to light them the best they could. (Ideal lighting conditions.) I too wonder how they would look in everyday lighting conditions.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2005 1:28:26 PM
Author: MaybeDayze

They do seem more expensive than typical cushions - That''s due to the EX/EX - very rare and hard to find, I think only one cutter does this (Daniel K''s Cutter.)

Also the Depth and tables for these stones are quite good. Most cushions are cut way too deep, also they often cushions carry carat weight in the girdle.
Oh well, the pic was just trying to show the relative size of a (hypothetical - sorry for that) 1.5cts next to the 1.2s. If depth and table would be kept in the range, 1.5 cts would get about 7.1-7.2mm square.

All this is personal nit-picking, but the Ex-Ex finish grades do not do much for me: they don''t show at all, so... why do they matter ? Brilliance does show allright so it must account for the premium... I wish there was some way to compare these guys to other fancies in terms of brilliance. Since the photographic conditions of those picture cannot be replicated on the field, this part is tricky. IMO at least.

Anyway, there''s no denying those two are desirable pieces. If nay cushion has good chance to stand up for cut quality it would likely be one of those. Why don''t these guys show it somehow
33.gif

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 1:40:40 PM
Author: valeria101
Date: 3/2/2005 1:28:26 PM

Author:If nay cushion has good chance to stand up for cut quality it would likely be one of those. Why don't these guys show it somehow
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results