shape
carat
color
clarity

Full Pave Setting Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kevin2005

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I''ve only posted a few times but have been reading here for quite some time. Thank you so much for all the info! I probably would have bought at a mall if not for you guys...

I''m starting to narrow down the settings I like to the thin, full-paved look, sort of like the one here:

knritas042020m.jpg

I believe this one is Ritani. Can anyone point out any that are similar? I''m also going to go with a round diamond, not princess as in that picture. I suppose a half paved would be pretty good too, if the savings is substantial (more money for the diamond!)

Thanks!!!

Kevin2005

Rough_Rock
Oh, and I''ve read that pave settings aren''t so good for daily wear? Would a setting like the one above have this problem?

laney

Brilliant_Rock
You can check out the thread in the show me the ring forum - with pave eternity sets for ideas.

I suggest looking into precision set - they have a lot that are reasonably priced - if that is your concern.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to think the Ritani may be safer than regular exposed pave because the Ritani are set into a channel which I think protects the diamonds more. I don''t know that I would do typical exposed pave as thin of a mm as the Ritani are for DAILY wear unless I knew that there was a good chance that a stone could be loosened or knocked free and was willing to get them checked often and/or replace whatever was lost.

Beautiful setting by the way!!

Kevin2005

Rough_Rock
So is this really more of a channel setting than a pave? Or is eternity the right word for this?

I''ve also heard the terms bead and gypsy, which I believe use round diamonds but have less space in between them?

Thanks again,
Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results