shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Akoya earrings.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
I feel like it has been forever! For those of you who supported me through with my PP Freshadama bracelet, thank you.
Thread here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-ordered-a-lavender-freshadama-bracelet.190292/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-ordered-a-lavender-freshadama-bracelet.190292/[/URL]

Here is an update.

I sent the bracelet back to get resized, and in the mean time my SO bought me a Tiffany bracelet. It is my first Tiffany piece and I am super excited to own it. About a day after he bought me the bracelet, he got in a motorcycle accident (he is doing okay now) so now it's even more sentimental to me and I don't want to take it off.

This means the pearl bracelet will never get any love... I thought about stacking it but it will give me too much anxiety about not hurting the pearls.

So I have decided to let them keep the bracelet and I am exchanging them for a pair of blue akoya earrings, which were next on my list! They have a listing for 7.0-7.5mm blue akoya earrings up on their website now. I am pretty sure it's brand new because I never saw it earlier while obsessing over the blue akoyas.

Hopefully they will be sent out this week. I will be updating!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for updating us. I am sorry to hear of your SO's motorcycle accident and I am glad he is okay.

Keep us posted on the earrings!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
You can't go wrong with a pair of beautiful earrings ~ I am sure you will reach for your blue akoyas often! Happy to hear your SO is OK! Enjoy your new Tiffany bracelet.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Here they are! The size is 7ish mm.
My thoughts after the pictures:

pearl1_0.jpg
pearl2_0.jpg
(Direct sunlight)
pearl3_0.jpg
pearl4.jpg
pearl6.jpg
pearl5_0.jpg

Here are my thoughts.
My first emotion when I opened it was disappointment that the colors didn't match. I am superrrr sensitive to colors and I'm a little OCD when things aren't even. But once I took them off the black background and onto the white, it helped me differentiate the body colors and overtones better and it eased my anxiety. I can still tell they are different, but I don't think it's noticeable at all when worn.

There are two dimples on the "front' side of the pearl (the one on the right of all the photos), but it's not noticeable unless you are a few inches from them. The luster is a little better on that pearl too.
Overall, I like the color of them and I like the noticeable rose overtone. The size is nice for me as I am petite.

I would like your honest opinions as I have not seen many good quality pearls in person, and these are the first Akoyas I have seen in person as well. :)

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
First off, I think they are beautiful!! Like truly beautiful. The lustre looks fabulous. I did notice that they were not the same colour though... I am not sure what is standard, and I do have some pearls for earrings that are slightly different than each other. I feel for the price of blue Akoya though, they should be more similar maybe?? Mine that are slightly mismatched were a lesser price point, and ripples. so there is some allowance for funky there, at least in my eyes.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I think the color and lustre on your blue akoyas are gorgeous! I would definitely keep them :twirl: Your pearls are natural and do not undergo bleaching and pinking like the white akoyas. Pearls are created in nature, so part of their charm and beauty is that they are different :wink2: My new blue green tahitian baroque dangles are very different in color, shape, and size, but their lustre and color are amazing! I tend to be very OCD about things as well, but I have learned that with pearls you have to appreciate each one individually. When I have my dangles on, you don't notice the differences so much.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
agneau -- first of all, it was a terrific idea for you to show the photos, let us come to our own conclusions, and then tell us your impressions! Really a great idea!

I like the pair very much. I have come to love the variations in pearls -- even "matched" pearls. They are marvelous natural creations. Each of us has one eye that is larger, one foot that is smaller, one forefinger that is longer than the other -- and our two halves are as matched as matched gets in nature!

My advise is to live with the pearls for a few weeks and then determine if you want to keep them or not.

It matters not a hoot what we think. All that matters is what YOU think!

Keep us posted. How about some ear shots? We love pearls on their peeps.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful earrings :appl: :appl: :appl: A good thing to remember is that when you wear them they are not sitting side by side as they are in your pictures. Yes there is a slight difference in color but when they are worn they are separated by a head and they will look fine. But if they still bother you by all means send them back.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow. You got a pair of blue akoya earrings that are actually blue. With pink overtones, no less. Mine are beautiful pearls but they are more of a silver color, and I almost never see any pink.

I'm actually jealous of those. :mrgreen: I'd keep them in a heartbeat, and yes, I do see the differences in color, but that is true of most of my pearls. That is the nature of organic gems.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Jenncent- Thank you! I am not sure of the standard either. I would think for the price that it should match better, but I don't know how hard it is to do this with Akoya pearls, especially blue ones.

LitGeek, 4ranchgirl, Flygirl- Thanks for the kind words. I have worn them a couple of times now, and the difference is not going to be noticeable by the normal person. I will have to keep reminding myself they are natures creations!

Bsomlo, I will try to get ear shots. :)

I do wish they looked a little more blue all the time. The pink overtone sometimes mixes with the blue and they look lavender-grey. Sometimes they do look more bluish and then sometimes silvery and slightly blue. Very interesting.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful earrings. I too have blue akoya earrings and love them. I see a little difference in the overtone on one a color on the other but unless they are much difference in person, I would still consider these rare beauties a keeper. I also agree they do change color depending on the light source and more than once had people think they were gray pearls. Then I took them off and set them on a white paper towel. Bingo, blue.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
NacreLover|1375141466|3492746 said:
Beautiful earrings. I too have blue akoya earrings and love them. I see a little difference in the overtone on one a color on the other but unless they are much difference in person, I would still consider these rare beauties a keeper. I also agree they do change color depending on the light source and more than once had people think they were gray pearls. Then I took them off and set them on a white paper towel. Bingo, blue.

So true. I have noticed that it's just the overtone that is different. I have been keeping them in a white box when I view them, and I've noticed that the actual blue body color is pretty much the same on both pearls, but it's the overtone that makes them look different.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results