shape
carat
color
clarity

Anniversary Surprise!!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 12th was my 33 wedding anniversary. Hubs and I went to our favorite restaurant, Flemings for dinner. We had agreed on no gifts.
We are trying to get kid #4's school loans paid off quickly, so it seemed wise. I left a card on his night stand when he came home in the morning but he wouldn't give me mine until we went to the restaurant. I knew something was up. A couple years ago, he planned a trip to San Fran and took me to see Wicked there. When I opened the card, there was a flyer for a TRIP TO ISRAEL!!!!!! I am so excited.
We go next April, with our Pastor and a group from our church!!! We have wanted to go for many years but with kid related expenses we never have. So all that advice you all gave me about long plane flights a while back is going to be put to good use!!!!! Woohoo.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, wow! Happy anniversary! What a wonderful surprise, and what a wonderful gift. That sounds like it will be AMAZING!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous trip! I've always wanted to go there. Something to look forward happily to -- enjoy!!!

--- Laurie

SB621

Ideal_Rock
You will have a wonderful time. I have lived there half my life and I can't wait to take my children. Some of my earliest memories was floating in the dead sea with my father.

Eat as many barakas as you can!! They are little filled pastries that extremly popular and I miss with a passion. Just thinking about them makes me hungry. Also the mall in Tel Avia has the largest Cartier I have ever seen. Enjoy shopping there!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - what a wonderful gift! I've been to Israel twice and have to come up with a good excuse for another trip there. It's a fascinating place in its own right. If you've grown up with Bible stories, it adds a whole new dimension to your understanding when you see some of the places where the events depicted in the Bible took place.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What an incredible gift! I'll be telling my husband about it to plant the seed for the future. :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fabulous! I hope to get there someday!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary! ... :appl: and have a wonderful trip.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG! Israel is my fav place on earth! I've only been once, for about 4 weeks, but it was the most special trip of my life (not counting getting engaged in Paris)!! I am so excited for you! What a wonderful surprise and going with a group is the way to do it! I can't wait to hear more details!!

Happy Anniversary!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited for you!!! :appl: Israel is definitely on my travel bucket list and I would love to go with a group like yours!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FAntastic gift!! Congrats on 33 years of wedded bliss, first of all (it was all BLISS, right? That's what DH and I claim anyway - bliss, every single freakin' moment -- bliss bliss bliss...)

FABULOUS surprise!! Wow - totally awesome and I'm eager to hear all the details when you return next april! Wow - what a way to walk thru history... Enjoy!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!!!!! I am still floating on cloud nine! I really didn't think we would be able to pull this off until our youngest graduates from high school in two years. I had to go check the school calendar for next year to see when his prom was scheduled-whew- it was two
weeks before. That would have been a deal breaker for me. I am already planning what is going in the large backpack I am going to buy to take on the plane. The front of the brochure has the verse,(I think from Psalms) that says, Blessed is the man whose strength is in you, whose heart is set on pilgrimage. This has been a long term dream of us both, so this is kind of what it is.

Sara, I will definitely try some barakas! I will think of you with every one I eat. I told DH about the Cartier store and all he said was
Uh-oh. I think he thinks he is in trouble. How lucky you are to have lived there!

You know, we make this a psuedo-GTG- you all just come with!!! They are not even taking deposits for a couple weeks. Still time.
The trip is April 21-May 2. DS, I will be waiting for you to sign up. You would love our pastor (Ed Rhea) and one of our other pastors is so interesting and knowledgeable, I have heard he really makes the history come alive.

Rosebloom, my DH said to tell yours he's sorry.

Enerchi, it has been bliss! Ok, maybe not all the time, but that is mostly my fault, not his. I could not have married a more wonderful man,
how I got so dang lucky (read blessed) I have no idea. He even thinks he is the lucky one. See what I mean. I didn't think so a week ago when I was so furious at him, but today is a new day! :naughty: :twirl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny, 4 weeks! You are indeed so lucky! I would love that. I know a few people who have been several times but no one who was able to stay that long!

Thanks, DF! I will have to get a new camera to take some pics to post.

VR, it will bring everything alive for me. I do wish we were able to go to Bethlehem and Nazareth, but the tour won't go there since it is in Palestinian territory. Bummer. I would also love to see Petra. Maybe another time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that would be fabulous if we could! It will be our youngest's senior year, and I am afraid that time frame will be very packed. Her prom probably will be after that, but it would likely conflict with the end of the track season and they went to the state finals this year. I can't wait to hear all about it, though! I didn't even realize the problem with the locations of Bethlehem and Nazareth. Hopefully one day we'll be able to find a similar trip!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a fantastic trip! I'm really happy for you luv2sparkle! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on 33 years! Your husband is such a doll! A surprise trip would thrill me to death...but my husband would never
go there ;( .

Have a wonderful time!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally understand that DS! We talked about taking a "Footsteps of Paul" tour that our church usually does every other year, and that would have happened for Casey's senior year too, and I had concerns about that. The stuff with our kids has a time limit on it and I am not willing to sacrifice that either. He says he wouldn't be upset, but I just won't miss it. Unfortunately, with all the political unrest and problems in Syria they may not ever do that trip again.

Thanks Junebug!

Tyty, I wouldn't be so sure you DH will ever get there. I think it is more about time of your life. I think our SF trip was for our 30th so it is kind of a recent thing. I think that went over so well, he was encouraged! He really planned everything down to the last details including getting a handle on the BART and bus systems. Everything went without a hitch and I told him it was my favorite vacation ever. Like most of us on PS, I am a little picky about jewelry choices, so a little trip is actually easier for him! Go figure.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on 33 years! And a surprise trip! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results