shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your ~save the dates~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

would like to see or hear what kind of save the dates you are sending out...I am scrambling for ideas...I think I am nervous, because it is the first thing people will get and I want it to be perfect, but I know that it is such a small detail and I shouldn''t get stressed about it. help~

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I used the first ones. The magnets in the special fold up envelopes. I just put the magnet into that fold up envelope, I had a label place make me a clear label with a dark green return address and that label was used to seal the envelope. I had the guests names written in a metallic green ink on the front. They looked great. I had a formal wedding, so I chose the formal looking 'flower 2', formal font, and the sage green envelope. I just noticed they are going out of business though
7.gif

http://store.weddingtulle.com/savedate.html

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I saw one in a magazine that was cute. I am considering it for when my time comes.

The couple went to one of those photo booths that takes 4 pictures of you (like they have on beach boardwalks or at arcades). The first picture had one of them holding up a sign that said "Save". The next picture, one of them held a sign saying, "The". Third picture, both of them holding a sign that said "Date". And the last picture, they were kissing and holding a sign that listed the actual wedding date. They photocopied this and sent it out to their guests.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
okay both those options are super cute! I really like them alot....thanks~

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
don't have any std of my own yet, but this knot bio has some cute Do it yourself std if you scroll down... this is one of my favs:
47b4da01b3127ccebd122e3604a80000001510

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I think Buena was referring to something like this, definitely cute!

5d91.jpg

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! That is similar to the one I saw. Thanks Blue
10.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock

These are my Save the Dates: http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/20030015.html

It''s kind of hard to see them because they''re all white--but they turned out really nicely (if I do say so myself...). The paper was quite heavy and although I used a laser printer instead of having them engraved/letterpressed, it still looked quite professional. I actually had a blast making them myself and saved a ton of money.

In addition to the petal invites, I made magnets to go in each invite. They were three inch squares with the white brocade sash as the background and a smaller "floating" square in the middle with our monogram, date and wedding website (so I don''t have to include directions/accomodation info with the real invitation).

I really want letterpressed invitations, but they are incredibly expensive and I can''t justify a huge expensive for wedding paper--so I was going to contact a printer directly, rather than going through Crane''s or something like that. I thought it would be a lot cheaper to get an invitation letterpressed on very heavy-weight paper that way. I''m planning on making another white brocade sash to adorn the real invitations or maybe use the white brocade to line the envelopes myself. I was going to keep the theme up for wedding programs and itineraries, which I''ll do myself.

Anyway, I''d highly recommend using Paper Source if you are very particular about how you want things to come out.

SaveDateAbra.jpg

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
We made our own magnet STD''s. Bought glossy photo paper and a stack of magnets with adhesive tops and went to town. We then cut slotted them into a nice piece of purple card stock with room for a little individual note from us to the guest on each card. All told for 75 I think it was about $35. And about two Saturday''s worth of work. We got lots of compliments. The colors (which don''t represent truly ini this picture,.. which I hope didn''t come out huge) are the colors of our wedding flowers, etc.. and will be the same colors we are using in our invitations which are a combination DIY but with real thermograph printing from a local vendor.

There are so many cute ways to do STD''s... I think there is actually a full thread on it on the knottie site www.magnificentbliss.com.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are ours...we did them about 8 months before the wedding since it was a destination wedding. i made them and then put them into a small white mailing box with the shaved wood insides and mailed them in a padded manila envelope. i should have tied the whole thing with a ribbon or something at the end but i was so rushed for time..hehee.

we found the flip flop magnets on our 'scouting' trip to kauai in sept 03...they were handmade and handpainted, SO cute. i have two sets of them on our fridge! girls got pink and boys got blue and married couples got yellow!
2.gif

Save the Dates Aa.jpg

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s what ours looked like. This is just a sample from the website where we got them. They come with other city themes too.

nysave.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Elepri and Sparkler- I love both of your choices for Save the Dates. SOOO cute!
Elepri - what is the website where you got them from?

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Melissa,
Mine was from invitationlane.com, I believe it''s under Chelsea Notes.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh,

They are all so fabulous! Thank you for all the great ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results