shape
carat
color
clarity

OPI liquid sand nail polish

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried this? A friend of mine had it on her toes and I am fascinated by it! I just ordered the four pack of mini colors.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I have two of the liquid sand polishes from the Mariah Carey Collection, Get Your Number (blue) and Stay the Night (black with red glitters). I've used the blue one. It's really pretty and sparkle like crazy. Still have to use the other one. I want to get Jinx from the Bond Girls Collection too. Other brands has textured polishes too. I like some of the Zoya pixie dust polishes.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a lot of them - several OPI's, some Zoyas. and a couple of Julie G 's. The textures vary a lot - both from brand to brand and within the brands. I like the ones that dry very matte but have very sparkly glitter peeking out (OPI Stay the Night, Magazine Cover Mouse, Zoya Chyna and Vespa for example). Others are more of a diffuse sparkle with less matte / shimmer contrast (OPI Jinx, for example). And others are just glorified glitters in a foil base (some of the Julie G's and Orly's are like this).

They apply easily, and dry pretty quickly (you DON'T use a top coat with these). They do have a texture to them, but they aren't gritty to the point of snagging things. I really like them - you should try them!

OPI is easy to find, and the Minnie Mouse collection is current, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding Magazine Cover Mouse (red). If the Bond Girls collection is still out you may get lucky and find Jinx (coral).

img_1228.jpg

img_1232.jpg

img_1238.jpg

img_4660.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1372513692|3474242 said:
I have a lot of them - several OPI's, some Zoyas. and a couple of Julie G 's. The textures vary a lot - both from brand to brand and within the brands. I like the ones that dry very matte but have very sparkly glitter peeking out (OPI Stay the Night, Magazine Cover Mouse, Zoya Chyna and Vespa for example). Others are more of a diffuse sparkle with less matte / shimmer contrast (OPI Jinx, for example). And others are just glorified glitters in a foil base (some of the Julie G's and Orly's are like this).

They apply easily, and dry pretty quickly (you DON'T use a top coat with these). They do have a texture to them, but they aren't gritty to the point of snagging things. I really like them - you should try them!

OPI is easy to find, and the Minnie Mouse collection is current, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding Magazine Cover Mouse (red). If the Bond Girls collection is still out you may get lucky and find Jinx (coral).

Those are cool.
It's like carrying 5 emery boards on one hand to manicure the other hand. :lol:

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
These seem to be very popular with nail polish companies atm. I've been thinking about trying these but I'm not 100% sold yet. I'm a more shiny type of person. I'd love to know what you think of them when you try them.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Pizie Dust spring colors are really cool and so are the blue and greens of the Julie G Gumdrop collection. If I like the effect of the OPI polish I'm sure I'll end up with a whole medicine cabinet full of these!

I know you're not supposed to used top coat with this polish but I saw a review where someone did and the polish was still sparkly but just smoothed out on top. Has anyone done that? I wear pantyhose for work and I wonder if that might be a good idea.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I haven't tried top coat with these, but I do think some look awesome with top coat (based on swatches on blog). The only thing is that they soak up lots of top coats, so you will need more than a few layers of top coat.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those look so cool! I really like the look of them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results