shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher Cut

russki1313

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
I am looking to get an engagement ring for my gf, and seeing as how we are both in school am on a tight budget (under $10k).
But I really fell in love with the Asscher cut diamond.

Can someone please tell me what are the Royal Asscher cut stones are going for. I was able to find a price range on the regular Asscher cut stones.

I would rather get quality than carat size.

I live in S. FL and I can't find any dealers that stock them, so that's another problem.

Any help is much appreciated.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen pictures of the Octavia? Do an image search for Kenny and Octavia. Good Old Gold is the vendor for them and there are a couple in stock that fit your budget. There should be videos on YouTube as well.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Yes this one would be perfect...I think a classic solitaire (maybe even with claw prongs) would be phenomenal and let the center stone shine! (works out well budget wise too, but I think you have a very generous budget for being students having recently graduated myself)

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8863/ ...has more facets than your standard royal asscher and sparkles in every lighting that we have seen here!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Out of curiosity, has your gf also fallen in love with the Royal Asscher?

I ask because I've seen them in person and they are gorgeous. Far more so than regular asschers, IMHO. However, they're expensive (because of the brand name) and asschers as a whole face up smaller than their carat weight - not a cut that I would advise for someone on a strict budget, even if the budget is generous (and 10K is generous!).

So if this is a case where she has no preference, or the RA is really more something you love than she loves, I would also look at other cuts too before making a decision.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think that B.E.G makes good points. It seems that people either really like asschers, or they don't like them at all. I adore them and find them classy and elegant and unique, I love the very different performance of a step cut, the big bold flashes and the fine clean lines. They are mesmerizing! However some people prefer a more traditional cut like the round, princess and cushions are popular and ovals seem to be making a big comeback. These cut's have a very different personality than the asscher. As BEG mentioned, you generally also have to commit to a higher color and clarity with an asscher than with other cuts. Inclusions and color are more obvious than in a brilliant cut where they are more easily hidden, so not only are you sacrificing a bit of face up size (for the same ct weight as some other cuts) you will likely need to pay a premium for color and clarity. I guess I would just suggest that you consider if your gf would be happy to give up some finger coverage to have a unique stone, or if she would prefer to have a larger more classic cut.

aspensweets

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I just bought a Royal Asscher Monday. Randomly found it while seaarching various internet sites. It was priced like a generic asscher, however, after comparing to generic asschers, there was NO comparison. The Royal Asscher is gorgeous. The easiest way to find one is to contact Lita Asscher (of Royal Asscher family). Tell her your budget and she can tell you what they can offer. Many people say don't go above H in color for an Asscher, but mine is a J and it looks white. If there is a hint of color no one will notice becasue they will be enthralled by cut! Truly can't say how beautiful Royal Asschers are!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond Brokers of Florida has a few Royal Asschers at what seem like great prices.

I of course LOVE the Octavia, bought the first one for my SO, and hope in the future there's one for me.

Sorry, can't help it; Must post gratuitous Octavia pics. :Up_to_something:

screen_shot_2013-06-12_at_10.png

screen_shot_2013-06-12_at_0.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't generalize about generic asschers. Some are unattractive and some are outstanding. Here's the video made for me when I was looking for one for a right hand ring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7SBfNGxTFE&list=UUEV7slr-i-VduBBnfv9MxhA&index=2

Good Old Gold is an excellent source for asschers. Two of those in the video were excellent (and the other two very good), in my opinion, and I bought the second one (H VVS) because it was the right size for my setting.

I can see how in a 4 ct stone the extra pavilion facets would be desirable, but I do not think it will make as much of a difference in a smaller stone. Normally you have to pay a price premium for a Royal Asscher, but I would not do it with a $10k budget. As you can see in the video, there are very finely cut asschers out there.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1371058203|3464303 said:
I of course LOVE the Octavia, bought the first one for my SO, and hope in the future there's one for me.

Love your Octavia... :love: One of these days I will steal it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1371100417|3464783 said:
kenny|1371058203|3464303 said:
Love your Octavia... :love: One of these days I will steal it!
... while I snatch your watch. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results