shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise Mother's Day sale.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
As promised, a couple of shots of my Hanadama 26" necklace along with its certification.

They are gorgeous and large pearls (9 - 9.5 mm) BUT they are not flawless. Almost every pearl has a tiny imperfection when I inspect them with my reading glasses. They also have a very thick nacre (.7 mm) and a luminous silver/pink lustre. Unfortunately, the close up looks creamy but the pearls are actually silver/rose.

Overall, I feel like a queen wearing them. I will post neck shots another time. I wear them either as a long necklace, or I knot them twice before putting them on so they necklace is shorter with a big double knot hanging on the bottom (this way of shortening the necklace came to me while sleeping). The necklace is too short to wrap twice as a choker (another pearl or two would have done the trick!) and too short to knot traditionally. I would really like to twist them twice in the middle, so they have a loop under the twist, but don't know how to fasten the twist in a pretty way that doesn't damage the marvelous pearls.

hanadama_26_inch.jpg

hanadama_close-up.jpg

hanadama_certification.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, your necklace is pearl perfection :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: Just look at that gorgeous color and luster! I love the length and size you chose, but I would reconsider shortening your akoyas with a knot and get a pearl shortener instead. Last week I was on the phone with my PP CS rep and when we were discussing the length of the 36" AAA akoya rope I was purchasing I mentioned wearing them knotted and she said that akoyas are delicate and that the moving/swinging action would cause too much wear on the pearls in the knotted section. If they were low quality akoyas or CFWP I probably wouldn't think twice about wearing them knotted, but not with AAA and certainly not with hanadama :-o

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
When I went into the Mikimoto store a couple of days ago, the saleswoman was wearing a gorgeous long necklace traditionally knotted. Why would she do that if it harms the pearls? I thought pearl-on-pearl was okay.

On the PP website it says the long necklaces may be worn "knotted in the middle". But the person you spoke to at PP said not to...?

I have to do some research...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
FYI, just heard back from Jeremy. Akoya are delicate. Knotting continuously is not good -- but from time-to-time is okay.

Frankly, I think I'll stop knotting knowing it may harm the pearls over time.

Thanks for the heads up LitGeek!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
You are very welcome :wavey:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
While I am waiting to receive these, I wanted to share some glamour shots from my new 36" ropes :twirl:

I chose the AAA white akoya 5.5-6mm strands on the right. I really love how white they are!

screen_shot_2013-05-13_at_12.png

My strands are the ones on the inside. I would love to get a larger mm 26" white strand to wear with my rope :naughty:

screen_shot_2013-05-13_at_12_0.png

AA+ 7.5-8mm Silver blue baroque akoyas

screen_shot_2013-05-13_at_12_1.png

I went with the matte white gold clasp for both ropes.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful LitGeek. I can't wait to see your finished necklaces. We appreciate you posting your glamor shots as they show what you can do with these beautiful pearls and how easy it is to have custom jewelry created just for YOU.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1368474165|3446178 said:
Absolutely beautiful LitGeek. I can't wait to see your finished necklaces. We appreciate you posting your glamor shots as they show what you can do with these beautiful pearls and how easy it is to have custom jewelry created just for YOU.

Exactly! PP's customer service is fantastic :twirl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek -- thanks for posting pictures. They're such fun to look through! Beautiful!

naria

Shiny_Rock
So pretty. Show us the final results when they arrive.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek|1368464591|3446074 said:
While I am waiting to receive these, I wanted to share some glamour shots from my new 36" ropes :twirl:

I chose the AAA white akoya 5.5-6mm strands on the right. I really love how white they are!

My strands are the ones on the inside. I would love to get a larger mm 26" white strand to wear with my rope :naughty:

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek|1368464591|3446074 said:

Oh my pefection :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: love your new beauties

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :love: :cheeky: :naughty: :mrgreen:

wowzer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results