shape
carat
color
clarity

Akoya Pearl Ring in Yellow Gold Scrollwork

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I bought this pearl ring about ten years ago in my hometown in the jewellery quarter of Brighton, UK, known as The Laines. It's an akoya pearl with rose overtones and some delicate goldwork.

I've barely worn it over the years; however when I do, people have drooled over it. This really surprises me a lot because it's a very simple ring and the pearl isn't that big, 7-7.5mm.

Enjoy!

gedc2016.jpg

gedc2018.jpg

gedc2019.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Excuse the messy desk - but please note that the mug in the background is Tiffany :bigsmile:

Embarrassingly, I didn't buy it myself - my SA sent it for my birthday, which just goes to show that I have overspent in there :oops:

gedc2025.jpg

gedc2030.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is beautiful! The colour of the pearl works so well with the gold.

Would you mind a question? It is something I have often wondered about this kind of design - pearls with cathedral shoulders. Does anything, like hair or sweaters, ever snag between the pearl and the shoulders?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the simplicity of it as it sits on your finger. lovely!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Smith1942, Your ring is lovely. It looks well balanced and beautiful on the hand. It's great to see your collection of pearls. Thank you for taking the photos for us to view.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Lady Disdain - sorry I haven't answered you before now. No, this ring never snags on anything. The photos are macro so in real life the gap between where the metal meets the pearl is very small.

Nacrelover - you're welcome! I've also got a couple more pearl items to show but tomorrow I go to my native country for three weeks so I will have to photograph them when I get back at the end of May. They are: a Tiffany silver mesh and pearl necklace with small white rose akoya studs, and an akoya pearl circle brooch with one sapphire instead of a pearl at the "top" of the circle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results