shape
carat
color
clarity

Help identify the cut

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lately I am searching for a new ring. Normally I am only a fan of modern stones, but there was one ring that caught my attention lately and literally forced me to start reading the vintage forums on PS. :twirl:

Unfortunately, as the seller (a private person) is not very knowledgeable, I possess only limited information about this ring. It is dated back to 1920 and set in platin. Main stone is just about 0,9 ct and is h/si. Two small diamonds set as side stones.

Could you please help me to identify the cut of the main stone. Unfortunately no further photos are available it this time.

What would you see as a fair price for a ring like that.

Thank you

_5428.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks like an old mine cut to me. Price is harder. The color/clarity will greatly impact price. A rough guess is in the $4-6k range.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for a quick reply, the main stone is H color and SI clarity.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks like an old mine cut to me as well.

Old Wold Diamonds has a .9 ct, SI1, H diamond for $3465. I don't know how heavy the ring is so it's hard to estimate how much the platinum setting would be. I usually browse ebay and etsy for similar items to get an idea of a fair price.

It looks like a beautiful ring!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
It depends. Usually SI clarity means that there are inclusions you can see with the eye so you should inquire about it. I think it's an Old Mine cut as well, but would help to get a closeup of the diamond to see how nice the faceting pattern is. Without those two known factors, I would give it a range of around $2500-3000.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results