shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this diamond?

newtoold

Rough_Rock
Hello, :wavey:

I'm a loooong time lurker, but this is my first post. I have been searching for months for an OEC diamond that I can place in a bezel pendant, specifically between .6 and .8 carats. I came across this one on Ebay and would like to get your opinions as to whether or not it's a good buy. I highly doubt it's a G color or SI, but the faceting looks interesting. Since it's for a pendant I'm not too concerned about color or inclusions, as long as they aren't highly noticeable. What do you think?

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60ct-LOOSE-...234&pid=100033&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=190813775939&

newtoold

Rough_Rock
Should I post this on Rocky Talk instead?

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Even for a pendant, I would still have some parameters on what I would think is acceptable. Personally, $500 is a lot for the diamond you linked to. It looks a little beat up on the girdle, its off round, I see inclusions (unless it is REALLY dirty) that are very visible, the cut...I hate to be the one to "poo poo" it, but I do think with the help of others on the forum you can find something better.

Start with your wishlist (budget, size diamond, color range, clarity range...) Ebay is a really dangerous place if you don't have these in mind. You risk purchasing something on impulse that isn't what you wanted.

Rockytalky is a great place to start. :wink2:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Did you email them to see if the inclusions are eye visible? I have a feeling they are going to be. If they are, then this is not a good price for the stone. I think with time and a little patience, you can find something better. What's your budget?

newtoold

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies. I did email her and she said it was eye-clean. I'm skeptical, which is my reason for posting here. I definitely won't be bidding!

I would like to pay no more than $1000 for the diamond and setting. I'm guessing I'd have to go with a warmer color and smaller size for that price, but wouldn't want to go below a 1/2 a carat. It would be fantastic if I could find a completed pendant instead of a loose diamond, but if I can find the right diamond I'd be thrilled.

Thanks again for your help!

Hera

Ideal_Rock

newtoold

Rough_Rock
Heraanderson, thank you for the lovely suggestions. I'm going to keep my eye on that last one in particular!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
watch out for lurkers that might buy any good diamond that gets posted! if you like something jump on it quick once its posted on here. good luck w your search :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results