shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for Proposal in LA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Counsellor

Rough_Rock
I am going with my girlfriend to LA in a couple of weeks and I am trying to determine a memorable place to propose to her. I am from New York and do not have any connections to the area. (She only lived there for a few years before we began dating.)

I am interested in some kind of outdoor space where we could watch the sun set. Ideally, it should be somewhere beautiful, but (at least somewhat) secluded. Some have recommended Yamashiro restaurant, others have recommended Hermosa beach. Does anyone have any ideas, or has anyone proposed like this in LA? Any information would be truly apprecaited.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Errr, I''m not a big fan of Hermosa Beach. Since you''re obviously not tied down to any one location, I think the beaches in South OC (Irvine down) or up around Santa Monica and up to Malibu, etc. are much nicer and romantic than Hermosa. Just personal opinion of course, but I grew up sorta near Hermosa, then went to school at UCI and got to check out all the OC beaches, and now live next to Santa Monica.

Yamashiro''s is cool, but the ocean is pretty distant. You can see it from certain angles, but pretty much just the water. Try Shutters restaurant. It''s around Santa Monica. The Lobster also is like right on the beach (on the Santa Monica pier), but it''s too crowded and isn''t all that romantic. Maybe the Ritz Carlton would be another option?

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
What about the Getty Museum? They have really nice views from the lawn overlooking the city. Not very secluded, but you could find a spot away from other people to do it.

jackpot

Rough_Rock
Montage Resort is beautiful near Dana Point....

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I proposed to my fiance at the beautiful Huntington Library and Gardens in San Marino (which is a tiny little city surrounded by Paadena) which is very close to L.A. They have hundreds of acres of gorgeous botanical gardens, including a rose garden and japanese garden complete with arched bridge, koi ponds, bamboo, zen garden and Japanese house. You can see the sunset from various areas, but it may not be the best for sunset. The only issue is people. It's not stuffed full, but there are other people around especially in the more popular areas. I went to a special late afternoon/evening event in the summer because there would be less people. I think they close a 4;00 regularly which would be before sunset.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Codex, I grew up in Manhattan Beach, and also went to UCI!
1.gif

I agree that the OC beaches can look more dramatic, but my fav beach in the So Cal area is still Manhattan Beach. The beaches are wider than those of Venice, and Santa Monica is just too crowded for me.

There are some pretty romantic spots in Laguna. And if you can get LA on a good day, the Getty would be nice. I can''t comment on the view since the three or four times I''ve been up there, the views have been crap.

There are some spots in Palos Verdes with great views. When I was in HS, there was a place that was dubbed "pregnant point." The parking there is totally easy, and you can walk along and on a clear day see the entire west facing coastline from Redondo way up past Santa Monica, etc. Catching sunset there would be nice. However, the area itself is right in a residential neighborhood, and I remember the ground to be kind of mulchy. I''m sure there are other areas in Palos Verdies for views and romantic spots (and I realize that "pregnant point" doesn''t sound all that romantic!!!)

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Hi fellow Anteater! Zot Zot!

Getty has some nice views if it's sunny. It was one of my many backup places to propose. The garden could be a nice place to propose, but I like the spot above the garden that kind of just juts out. Don't go all the way to the end, there's a spot off to the side that's more secluded (near stairs that go down) but still has a great view and it's easier to propose their cuz there are likely less people right next to you.

Yeah, Rancho PV has some incredible spots. I just don't like it cuz it's pretty residential and it's hard to get there. You sorta lose some element of surprise unless you throw her off with some story that will occupy her mind long enough to get all the way out there.

I just got back from San Diego. La Jolla has a ton of perfect beach spots to propose. All these little cave areas.

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Cicada restaurant in downtown LA is absolutely beautiful, has beautiful Lalique works and art deco decor, as well as great food and a phenomenal wine list. It''s worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results