shape
carat
color
clarity

Tapper Cut Diamond, anyone?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know what a tapper diamond is? I have been hunting around for a baguette eternity ring to add to my stack of different cut diamonds, and came across a full eternity on EBay of Tapper Diamonds. They look as far as I can tell a baguette cut / emeral cut cross, but Google Image search only will bring up 'Taper Diamonds' such as baguettes with an obviously tapered end.

Can anyone shed any light? It's a beautiful looking ring :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Could it be the vendor doesn't know how to spell "taper?" An awful lot of that going around.

You could message vendor & ask about the cut.

--- Laurie

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
It looks like "Tapper Diamonds" is a Detroit retailer. Probably worth asking the seller if Tapper is the brand or the cut.
http://www.tappers.com

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought 'tapered' too, but when you zoom in the diamonds are definately an emerald type of cut & very rectangular - there is no tapering to be seen at all.

Yes, I shall e-mail the vendor & ask. It's a beautiful ring & the stones are stunning. Thanks for your help :))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have e-mailed the vendor & will let you know.

I have double checked, and on the EBay listing it definitely says "Main Stone - Diamond, Tapper" :roll:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I look forward to hearing what they say, Alex. I'm curious!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vendor replied - he DID mean to write 'tapered' diamonds & sent me a picture of a trapezium, just in case I didn't understand what tapered meant :roll:

And there I was thinking I'd discovered something new!! :lol:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Alex Tilley|1360245090|3374302 said:
The vendor replied - he DID mean to write 'tapered' diamonds & sent me a picture of a trapezium, just in case I didn't understand what tapered meant :roll:

And there I was thinking I'd discovered something new!! :lol:

:lol:

Shame, I was hoping it was some old and rare!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, darn. Can't win 'em all. At least we know.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results