shape
carat
color
clarity

What style ring is this & can you guess a date, please?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I recently got this vintage/antique setting that has a really nice slight pink/red tone to the yellow gold part of it. You can see the color, a bit, in the fourth picture from the left in the gallery. The diamonds in it are not great but they are old cuts, culets and all.I've got a few styles of vintage in my collection but not one like this, so I thought it was a good addition. I'm really loving it. It has such a vintage feel and truly makes me think of a different era for a few moments. Link for you:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Art-Deco-Mine-Cut-Diamond-14K-Gold-Filigree-3-Stone-Ring-Size-6-5-/281024291154?item=281024291154&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=xp7EeJq%2FfU8b9HA6qrk7aGuBtUE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pretty! Do you have a picture on your hand?

I like how the stamp says "solid gold" ::) Love the milgrain!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, GF. Yes, the "solid gold" made me laugh, also. I'll try to get you a photo. I appreciate your input.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Would we call it art deco, btw?

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wish I could give more input on the style and period. Alas, my understanding of the various time periods is hazy. I'd think the face of the ring, the square shapes looks deco to me. The filigree on the sides... perhaps also? I hope someone knowledgeable chimes in.

starsevol

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am new here and this is my first post.
Antique and vintage jewelry is my passion and although I am far from an expert I would call your ring art deco due to the use of rose gold and the geometric setting. LOVE it, btw.

Search_Ends_Here

Rough_Rock
Your ring is definitely from the Art Deco period. The white gold used was not invented until about 1918 and was the hot seller of the 20's. Most rings were completely white metal when in the filigree design like yours, but a few were in mixed yellow and white.
Hope this info is what you were looking for.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Just checking back on this thread after awhile. Thanks so much, all, for your help. I really appreciate it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results