shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide between two Marquise stones...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock

I need help with two marquis stones that I found on diamondsonweb.com. I also have a couple of general questions about these cuts. If the diamonds have good proportions i.e. near the one-to-two ratio what becomes more important next, color or clarity?

Stone 1 GIA CERT
Measurement: 5.03 - 9.65 x 2.97
Carat weight: 0.80
Cut: Premium
Color: D
Clarity: SI1
L/W Ratio: 1.92
Depth%: 59.0%
Table%: 59%
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Comment: Dossier
Stone 2 GIA CERT
Measurement: 5.22 - 10.02 x 3.02
Carat weight: 0.90
Cut: Premium
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
L/W Ratio: 1.92
Depth%: 57.9%
Table%: 55%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Thin to Very Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Comment: Dossier

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D/SI1! any day
2.gif
If the clarity grade is not due to some black blob right in the middle of the table, then this one seems to have every detail going for it: VG symmtry is one unusual blessing for a marquize, size is just fine for the weight IMO, color tops...

The numbers do not show the exavct shape, bow tie, brilliance... the looks remain to be seen, as usual with these listings
7.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I agree, D/SI1, especially in a fancy shape which is going to show more color. An I color may appear slightly tinted. SI1 is a very good value and will most likely be eye clean, but I would have the vendor verify this verbally if you cannot see the stone in person. As Valeria states, the shape of these 2 cannot be judged by the specs. You''ll need to see them either in person or a photograph to make your final decision, but the D/SI has very good symmetry, which I think is important in any shape.

DiamondLil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results