shape
carat
color
clarity

Van Craeynest 484 Ready!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby, Pregcurious, TL, Arkteia, lknvrb4, PinkJewel, FlyGirl, YennyFire, Cookie, Lula, Starzin, Cachette, and Bastetcat,
Thank you all for the wonderful compliments.

Yessie,
You have excellent memory; I could not decide between this blue or the light purple / pink spinel but yes, looks like we made the right decision. The buttery yellow sets off the deep blue perfectly. Thank you.

JaneSmith,
That's good to know. I still feel badly though and will thank each poster by name from now on anyway, just in case.

Woofmama,
Stop looking and get moving. :devil: You will never regret buying a Van Craeynest piece.

Enerchi,
Yes, you have a good eye to suggest the blue spinel for this setting. Jealous of my skin? No way! It is dry and wrinkly to the point you can see all the lines, grooves and depressions and even looks white in patches. :oops: Urgh....I call them my old lady hands. I am hoping to distract your eyes from my hands with the nice bling. After all, isn't that why we wear bling in the first place? :lol:

Charmy,
I only wish I have a cushion cobalt blue spinel. Cushion is my favourite shape but alas, I have none.

Tiffany,
DS is correct in that VC will continue to create die struck rings and pricing is around $2K to $3K, depending on the metal type for something like this.

Justin,
From a Cser to a Cser, you are so right in that a blue spinel with this level of saturation is difficult to find. I only wish it was 5x bigger. :devil: :bigsmile:

Amelia,
Not to worry, for now, Van Craeynest will continue to die strike their jewellery. For how much longer, that I do not know.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By request, I braved the North Eastern cold, shivering with gloveless hands under the weak morning sun for additional hand shots. My fingers are now so frozen to the point I can barely type. Ah....the things I do for PS. :bigsmile:

vc_pair_1_cfl.jpg

vc_pair_2_window.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Despite the weak NE winter sunlight, the rings are too sparkly and washes out the picture so I had to take cover under the shade to make sure the metal and diamonds are as least reflective as possible. Unfortunately, the lack of light means the spinel looks way darker than it does IRL.

vc_pair_3.jpg

vc_pair_4.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These two pictures are taken under extremely low lighting to allow the setting carving design to show up clearly in the photographs.

vc_pair_5_dark.jpg

vc_pair_6_dark.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These were taken outdoors and as you can see, the sparkle from the diamonds and reflective polish of the high karat yellow gold gives off a lot of glare.

vc_pair_7_sparkle.jpg

vc_pair_8_sparkle.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, all I can say is those go together so wonderfully. Would you wear them together as a wedding set? Or a RHR combo? It seems they need to be worn as a pair!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love outdoor pictures even more! Such a beautiful blue! Wonderful ring, and the cloudy weather does not seem to diminish its beauty!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
This set is perfect!!!! truly stunning.

:appl:

Akvileja

Rough_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous ring! Absolutely beautiful!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer,
These are meant for my RHR. They do pair up beautifully and I may wear them together for brief periods of time on special occasions but for the most part, they will be worn separately.

Arkteia, Lorrissey, and Akvileja,
Thank you for the compliments.

CDCsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love the ring with the band--a beautiful set!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I hope you didn't get frostbite. But if you did...those photos were worth it! :tongue: Just stunning.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for braving the cold for those smashing photos. Such a beautiful set, they were made for each other. It is a shame you can't wear them together all the time, but you don't want to damage that fine gold detail.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea they were such a perfect match - that goes in the "it was meant to be" category. I love them as a set. I can't believe how incredibly perfectly suited they are from the knife edge and detailing, even to when the stones stop and the gold begins. You didn't realize all that when you bought them separately did you - or did you?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CDSsparkles,
Thank you!

JustGinger,
No frostbite but you shouldn't be encouraging such reckless behaviour on the part of an old lady. :lol:

JaneSmith,
Exactly my thoughts. They are too treasured to risk wearing the design down as the two rings rub against each other. I wonder if other Van Craeynest owners worry about this too?

Minou,
You should know me by now. ;)) Although I purchased them at separately, I knew they would be an excellent set in terms of design and proportions.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaaaah love the color of the spinel, and love the setting, and it looks so perfect with the band!!

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
Can't believe I missed this thread! The spinel looks great in the setting. :) I love the contrast between the yellow gold and the blue/deep purple. VC did a great job replacing the head!

audball

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I love VC. It's a beautiful set!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful spinel Chrono, but you already knew that :wink2: Have you considered wearing both rings with a thin yellow gold spacer to protect each ring when worn together?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, your ring takes my breath away. The velvety deep blue, the gorgeous setting. OMG. Amazing! You have one of the nicest colored gem collection I have ever seen! Wear them all in health and happiness!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results