shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of this ring?

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
I have figured out this is probably the best place to ask opinions on this ring.

I know very little about it (the seller is by no means an expert and just inherited it from his family): the stones are said to be H color, VS, and 0.6-0.7 carats each. It is 18k white gold. There is no written appraisal document yet.

So here are the pictures.

I am no expert either, but I like the design of the ring and would like to form a more educated opinion on it.
So I would truly appreciate if you could share your opinions and give me some advice on it.

Thank you :))

d.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
a bit tilted.. still I cannot guess whether this are modern brilliant or old european cut :confused:

seconda.jpg

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
it looks very dirty.. my apologies for this.
could it be the reason why the stones look so much darker than H?

backside.jpg

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
I'd like to know what the experts say! I don't know anything about this stuff ... it does look very pretty :tongue: .... and the size on the 2 stones looks tempting!!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think there's a good chance that the larger stones are OEC's, but it's tough to know for sure from the pics. How has the seller represented them? Is there a good return policy? The ring is very pretty, I just adore bypass rings! I recommend making the sale contingent on an independent appraisal so that you know exactly what your getting and can determine if the price is fair.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
Thank you missymoo :twirl:

ericad|1353010670|3307410 said:
I think there's a good chance that the larger stones are OEC's, but it's tough to know for sure from the pics. How has the seller represented them? Is there a good return policy? The ring is very pretty, I just adore bypass rings! I recommend making the sale contingent on an independent appraisal so that you know exactly what your getting and can determine if the price is fair.

Hi Erica!

Thank you so much for jumping in!!

All the seller said is 'diamonds for 0.6-0.7 each, H color, VS clarity'. He is a private seller with no expertise in jewelry.
I checked his account on ebay and saw that he recently sold a plain wedding band, and for the rest a bike and other mixed items, so very little knowledge for what concerns stones.

Also he informed me that these are the best pictures he managed to take with his camera.

As far as return policy, it looks like he does not have a specific policy on that. However, he accepted to go through an independent appraisal at a jeweler of my choice.

From the little that can be seen, and despite the bad lighting, do you feel that the stones could indeed be H and VS? :confused:

As far as the price goes, he is asking just a bit more than 2000 euros, which is close to 2500 dollars.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
uuww.. alright! thank you :))
I guess the best thing to do is try to meet him then :tongue:

beckweed

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
Any updates on this beautiful ring? I sure hope it worked out for you.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
yes - would love to hear an update

I have been looking into antique bypass rings lately - but I have not seen many with two diamonds like this one

(often I see them with two different coloured stones - e.g.: a ruby + a blue sapphire or a diamond + a pearl)

this one looks adorable!!

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
Hi Beckweed and Heliotrope!

So nice of you to ask :) Given that the seller could not provide me better info and pictures, the most sensible thing to do was to wait until I can meet him in person and go together to a jeweler for an appraisal. In this time of the year, work is crazy, so I agreed with him to meet sometime in the first half of December, as soon as I leave this country (the Netherlands) and go back home for Christmas :)

In the meantime, I am saving left and right, as I suspect a couple of weeks of massive shopping to re-stock my wardrobe :naughty:

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
and Heliotrope, this is so true!

I happen to have a bypass ring inherited from a grandma. It was forged in the 60s and it looks very geometric and sleek (squared band). That one too has a diamond and ruby. I am emotionally attached to that piece, and would not like to modify it anyhow, but I wonder whether I would wear it more often would it be diamonds only.

By the way, your ring is gorgeous!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results