shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Yellow Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loofa133

Rough_Rock
Going to buy an engagement ring for the lady very soon and going the yellow diamond route.

Saw some very nice yellow diamonds today. In particular, really liked the following one. What''s your opinion of it? Good deal or not?
The extremely thin girdle kind of worries me but otherwise, I really liked the stone.

Fancy Yellow Color - Even Distribution
1.5 Carats
No Fluorescence
Clarity: VS2
Polish / Symmetry: Good
Depth: 67.2%
Table: 67.1%
Measurements: 6.94 x 6 x 4.03
Cut-cornered Rectangular Modified Brilliant
Girdle: Extremely thin to thick

Price $8500

Thanks for the help!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may be that the extra thin bit is a small dot on the girdle - or it could really be an issue. Not sure how this could be checked without having the diamond in hand.

Not much I can say about the price either - there''s quite a range from fancy light to fancy intense, much more than between two grades of colorless. The color intensity of particular stones makes pricess different. Strong blue fluorescence may be a factor too, if it''s there.

The numbers sound good for radiants in general (citing the AGA chart as refference), but I can''t guess what cut does to color, and that''s the ultimate judge, I think. Matching the "fancy yellow" words sight unseen there are three websites with extensive collections of yellow diamonds you might wan to to look up:

dirtcheapdiamonds.com

diamondsbylauren.com

icestore.com

Hope this helps a little.

About color again, thought you might find this lineup interesting: the diamonds are, in this order - fancy yellow, fancy light, fancy yellow, fancy yellow and fancy light again.

p8_06.jpg

Wish there was one "intense" in the lineup, but... oh well, didn''t happen
20.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Loofa,
Did the diamond have a GIA report?
A price of $8500 for a 1.50 Fancy Yellow VS2 Radiant with GIA report is fair if it''s a nice stone with no issues, and you like it.

As Ana says, it''s not possible for anyone who has not seen the diamond say if there are issues.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results