shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Kungliga Modebloggen has some nice photos of the jewels recently worn by the Danish royal ladies:

The Queen with a Georg Jensen Daisy sautoir, pearl rope and interesting pearl earrings at a concert in Château de Caïx - Photo1

Finally a desent close-up of The Crown Princess' new ring - What do you think about the size of the central stone (carats)? - Photo2

Princess Marie's jewels at an event last week - Photo3

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
From the same source - Crown Princess Victoria:

HRH's pendant at the opening (together with Prince Daniel) of the "Path of Love" at the Royal Zoo, Stockholm - Photo1
At a reception in the Royal Palace - lovely earrings, though they might be fake; imagine they were aquamarines and diamonds, something which Victoria's collection lacks - Photos

Gabriellehb

Rough_Rock
sunshine996|1345675842|3255627 said:
1. Oh Harry... :roll: I feel sorry for him, and at the same time I want to shake him and yell "What were you thinking?! You are
27 years old! Time to grow up, or at least make sure people don't take photos!"

Hmm I thought this forum was different to normal celebrity/royal new gossip
site/forms in that we concentrate on the jewelry aspect, and Harry was covering his crown jewels :naughty:

Poor Queen Beatrix every photo we see now no matter how happy she appears on the surface she looks like she's had the stuffing knocked out of her poor lady.

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
A new portrait of Princess Madeleine was released. She is wearing the Connaught drop earrings which are from the tiara of the same name.

_connaught.jpg

Attachments

• madieee.bmp
    847.6 KB · Views: 5,671

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gabriellehb|1345898949|3256899 said:
sunshine996|1345675842|3255627 said:
1. Oh Harry... :roll: I feel sorry for him, and at the same time I want to shake him and yell "What were you thinking?! You are
27 years old! Time to grow up, or at least make sure people don't take photos!"

Hmm I thought this forum was different to normal celebrity/royal new gossip
site/forms in that we concentrate on the jewelry aspect, and Harry was covering his crown jewels :naughty:

Ahh...but we discussed the matter of how Harry, while nude, retained his watch and necklace. The matter of the jewelry he wore was not neglected in this forum!

AGBF
:saint:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yes, and we approve of Harry's...em...wardrobe priorities. 8-)

--- Laurie

Gabriellehb

Rough_Rock
Yes but his pendant and watch are hardly in the same league as the normal type of royal jewels we cover, his most important jewels were not on show. If they were I'm sure our discussion would be just as in interesting as our one on tiaras and diamond rivieres.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Gabriellehb|1346418162|3260213 said:
Yes but his pendant and watch are hardly in the same league as the normal type of royal jewels we cover, his most important jewels were not on show. If they were I'm sure our discussion would be just as in interesting as our one on tiaras and diamond rivieres.

lol
I can imagine that :D

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
sunshine996|1346272527|3259372 said:
A new portrait of Princess Madeleine was released. She is wearing the Connaught drop earrings which are from the tiara of the same name.

Here is a HQ of the portrait, courtesy kungahuset.se - Link
Lovely look, though I think the studs are a bit too large for the size of the pendants.

By the way, Crown Princess Margareta, Princess Sibylla and Princess Christina have worn a very similar pair, which may've been made to match the tiara's pendants ;-) A pity that they are not in the main line of the family.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1346530746|3261002 said:
Harry FTW! :appl:

Great to see a reply from you in this thread, Danny! It's been ages since you last posted here...

Bobby

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Great to see you too my friend! Your contributions are awesome. Thank you for all your hard work.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, dear Danny! I too think that post after post here we've formed a sort of friendship :) I just hope that more people would engage in discussions, otherwise I think it's pointless to stay here and just post photos and reply to questions...

ETA - And it think it's been a long time since the last glittering event. I have high expectation for the upcoming State Visits and tours (think of the Cambridges)=

Best,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Do you happen ti know on what occasion this glittering photo was taken? Are there more photos from it?
italygreeceglitteringevent.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1346530746|3261002 said:
Harry FTW! :appl:

Well, I'm delighted to see you posting here again, too, Danny...but then I "get around" more than Bobby does on Pricescope and I see you on Hangout, too!!! (Although not enough, lately!)

I have to ask you what "FTW" stands for, though.

Deb
:saint:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1346534395|3261020 said:
Thank you, dear Danny! I too think that post after post here we've formed a sort of friendship :) I just hope that more people would engage in discussions, otherwise I think it's pointless to stay here and just post photos and reply to questions...

ETA - And it think it's been a long time since the last glittering event. I have high expectation for the upcoming State Visits and tours (think of the Cambridges)=

Best,
Bobby

Bobby, It's lonely at the top. You've come to be sort of our leader. You have a rare aptitude and ability for communication and a mastery of this topic. I really appreciate what you do here. I hope you will stay and I hope more people will contribute. I don't have regular internet access because I only have my phone but I promise I will do everything I can to contribute more after I have regular internet access again.

Best,
Danny

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Deb, Thank you for your kind word. It means, "for the win."

Best,
Danny

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1346555940|3261139 said:
Bobby, It's lonely at the top. You've come to be sort of our leader. You have a rare aptitude and ability for communication and a mastery of this topic. I really appreciate what you do here. I hope you will stay and I hope more people will contribute. I don't have regular internet access because I only have my phone but I promise I will do everything I can to contribute more after I have regular internet access again.

Bobby, I think Danny hit the nail on the head. Over the years, not only did you evolve from someone who was tentative with English into someone who had complete mastery over the language, but you evolved from someone with an interest in royal jewelry into a true expert on it, someone who seems able to answer any question on it.

Having you here as a source is great for the rest of us, but you actually have no peers among us! I think that it must, indeed, be lonely at the top!

You are a treasure. Thank you for taking this leadership role for so long. And, Danny, thank you for putting it into words on our behalf.

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1346534395|3261020 said:

Best,
Bobby

Please tell me tiaras are involved! :lol:

To echo other's posts, You keep this thread alive Bobby. I always look forword to reading your posts and looking at the older photos that you dig up. Your opinion and knowledge is invaluable to us.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks you for the kind words, Danny, Deb and sunshine!!!
Over the years I have come to love this thread and I do wish it will stay 'alive' as much as possible. Two of the things I like most about (apart from the discussions) it is the opportunity to practice my English and the mild tone (especially in the past couple of years) of our posts. Also, some of you seem like interesting people and I think it's a pity that we can not meet in person.
On another note, I do miss some of our former posters, like Josefine and alexander1917. They too were knowledgeable and had good photos to share here.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
sunshine996|1346603219|3261301 said:
[...]

They surely are! We are bound to see at least one tiara during the President of Turkey's State Visit to Sweden next Monday, and if we're lucky, The Duchess of Cambridge might please us with a tiara in Malaysia (also next week), possibly a few other nice jewels.

Bobbu

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1346623522|3261467 said:
sunshine996|1346603219|3261301 said:
[...]

They surely are! We are bound to see at least one tiara during the President of Turkey's State Visit to Sweden next Monday, and if we're lucky, The Duchess of Cambridge might please us with a tiara in Malaysia (also next week), possibly a few other nice jewels.

Bobbu

That is great! I don't like it when State Dinners are "Black Tie", i.e. no tiaras. If the Duchess of Cambridge is going to wear a tiara, do you guys think she will wear the Cartier Halo Scroll, or a different tiara? But if the dress code is "Black Tie" do you think the Queen will loan some other jewellry? :confused: I know she lent her the Maple Leaf Brooch on their last tour and may have loaned her those diamond chandelier earrings for the BAFTA event, although there was no conformation from the palace.

cartierhalo-tiara1.jpg

jul9-11detail.jpg

250031.jpg

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Bobby, even though I don't have much to say, this is one of my favorite threads and a lot of it's because of you.
I love looking at the photos you post.
Don't think for a minute nobody's paying attention; we're all speechless from the jewels! :D

NSEB1958

Rough_Rock
I want to thank all of the wonderful posts that everyone has made to this forum. I am one of your lurkers. I have just spent a nice 4 hours going through posts, pictures, links... Drooling the whole time. Unfortunately I have not had a computer for over 2 months. The old computer died a horrible death and I lost this link. So happy I found it again. Please keep up the wonderful posts, pictures and royal watching. I cannot understand how you do it. Thanks You so much!

Scotsgirl

Rough_Rock
Bobby - Like many others I watch and read and learn from you. I don't have the knowledge to reply very often but so enjoy this thread. Thank you to the (very) few regulars who have made this thread what it is.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
While I can't check in as frequently now that school has started, I'm still logging on when I can. I echo the sentiments of the Prince's contributions...we wouldn't be here without you Bobby!

I also appreciate everyone's attitude on this site. Some other sites can get very mean and nasty with their comments, but that hasn't been much of an issue on this one, which is why it's one of only two royal watching sites that I look at (the other being the Order of Splendor).

Thank you EVERYONE!! :bigsmile:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
sunshine996|1345257404|3253445 said:
Are we going to speculate on which tiara the future Hereditary Grand Duchess Luxembourg is going to wear on her wedding day?* I saw that you guys kind of did with the Duchess of Cambridge, so I was just wondering when we were going to start talking about her different options.

The Countess de Lannoy's mother passed away unexpectedly in August. How sad for the future Grand Duchess...no tiara can make up for not having your mother at your wedding. :blackeye:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
sunshine996|1346687037|3261784 said:
prince.of.preslav|1346623522|3261467 said:
[...]

I hope there's a tiara event soon! This has been a long, dry summer!

If the Duchess of Cambridge is going to wear a tiara, do you guys think she will wear the Cartier Halo Scroll, or a different tiara?

I think she will stick with the Scroll tiara for all of her tiara events in the foreseeable future. Remember, her wedding earrings were designed to match the motif's of the Scroll tiara. What is the point in having matching earrings if you never plan to wear the tiara again?

Of course, it's been over a year since the Duchess of Cambridge wore any tiara, so one might argue what is the point of having a tiara if you never wear it?

Did I mention I hope there's a tiara event soon because I'm going through withdrawl? ;-)

Scotsgirl

Rough_Rock
It has been a long jewel lacking Summer :( Perhaps normal - we only glimpse jewels if there is a Summer Wedding. Let us hope that the tour by Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will give us some things to look at!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
sunshine996|1346687037|3261784 said:
That is great! I don't like it when State Dinners are "Black Tie", i.e. no tiaras. If the Duchess of Cambridge is going to wear a tiara, do you guys think she will wear the Cartier Halo Scroll, or a different tiara? But if the dress code is "Black Tie" do you think the Queen will loan some other jewellry? :confused: I know she lent her the Maple Leaf Brooch on their last tour and may have loaned her those diamond chandelier earrings for the BAFTA event, although there was no conformation from the palace.

I think the Halo tiara is a safe bet ;-) I don't think we'll see the Duchess with a second tiara in the next couple of years, unless she (with the Duke) starts attending white tie galas, state dinners, etc. more often. Until then there is simply no need for Catherine to have more than one tiara.
If the events is black tie without tiaras, then I think HRH will opt for jewels from her own collection (like the modern ruby set, possibly some of Diana's jewels). I don't see any reason why she might have to borrow some from her grandmother-in-law, HM The Queen. Remember that The Countess of Wessex, who is the main female Windsor at foreign royal events and reportedly HM's fav daugther-in-law, made do with only one tiara and a couple modest necklaces/earrings for the first 5 years of her marriage.
BTW, black tie does not necessarily mean no tiaras. I can think of a dozen of 'private' parties in the Scandinavian royal courts, along with The Prince & Princess of Wales' official visit to Japan, the CHOGMs and more.

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results