shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Danny! Where Are You?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Danny -- hope you see this & come back from wherever you've gone! We miss you!

BTW, your Cartier ring is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations! Maybe you haven't written because you're still staring at it in the mirror -- understandable. But this board needs your special self.

Everybody's looking for you! Hope all is well. :wavey:

--- Laurie

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heh Danny,

We need updates on the Travon Martin situation. I truly hope you are OK

Annette

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Yes, Danny! Where are you??? I miss you!!!! Come back.... we need your common sense practicality!! (and your humour!)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss you, Danny. :(sad

Hope everything is OK with you!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe he's on vacation?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miss you Danny. Hope all is well. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me, too, Danny! Hope you're on vacation or something great like that!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinking about this yesterday while checking out Pricescope. I don't post regularly, but I always check on the site at least once every other day. I've missed reading your posts, Danny!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Bump in case Danny stops by. I do hope all is well.

--- Laurie

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Bump again..........hope everything's OK.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Where the heck is that boy?! :confused:

I'm starting to worry . . . :|

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1343093095|3238844 said:
Where the heck is that boy?! :confused:

I'm starting to worry . . . :|

I have to admit that I am too - what did that evil landlord do to him??? :angryfire: :wink2:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank God that somebody else decided to start this thread, coz i have been thinking of the exact same thing, but i was trying to avoid any negative thoughts and kept repeating to myself that he must have been very busy or on vacation or...whatever. I didn't want to mention anything and make everybody else worried too.
Danny, i hope that you're on a great vacation and you're just enjoying yourself away from all of us, hehehe! We miss you...! :wavey:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I wish somebody knew how to check on him & make sure everything is okay. I gather nobody knows him outside PS? Here's hoping he's on vacation with SO or just got tired of us :(( -- as long as he is all right!

--- Laurie

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Laurie, everyone, thank you! I'm ok.

I'll write more when I can (walking out the door)!

Laurie, thank you for the compliment! I love my new ring! It's everything I hoped it would be!

:wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: Glad to hear from you!!! :appl:

We shall wait for your update.... :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Danny I thought I had your email address but couldn't find it.

If you'd like, send me another email so we can stay in touch.
Posters here emailed me asking me to look you up but I was unsuccessful.
Glad you're okay. :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1343149874|3239101 said:
Posters here emailed me asking me to look you up

Um...yup we did. Some of us didn't post, but we were still searching. And guess who we leaned on? Someone who is almost inconspicuous here on Pricescope and whom one would never think of when he needed to find someone else.... So kenny got bombarded!!!

Thanks, kenny. You're the man!

Deb
:saint:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear all is fine with you Danny - a search party was next in line for you!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yahooooo!! :appl: :appl: Hi, Danny!!!!!

--- Laurie

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Danny :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Glad you're fine and back with us!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl:

:bigsmile:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone! It was nice of you to think of me.

Kenny, I'll email you.

Update-

- Landlord.

I'm sorry to report he turned out to be a crack addict. I asked SO what he and his girlfriend were on one typical night when they were up talking and she was intermittently laughing hysterically keeping me from sleeping and SO said crack. SO had been saying that for months but I was like "Noo..." but that night I realized it was true. So...

I paid the rent early this month because the 1st was a Sunday. The day after I paid it, he tells me he's taking three pieces of furniture because it's his wife's and he has to give it to her now as part of the divorce.

Ok, I thought. It's not right, but it's not that big of a deal. I was cooperative and pleasant.

The very next day he calls me to a meeting. He tells me the house is being foreclosed, that we're all going to have to move, but he doesn't know when, and he says, "Tenants have no rights in forclosure."

I just told him that I'd have to talk to SO. I didn't say anything else.

It turns out what he said is a lie. Tenancy continues with the "successor in interest" and tenant gets 90 day written notice because of a federal law passed in 2009.

A couple days later, landlord gives me a "NOTICE" that contains nothing new and isn't a legal notice at all.

He wants to terminate my rights but... he wants to keep all of his rights and privileges as a landlord.

A few days later I told him his so called notice wasn't a legal notice, told him tenants do have rights in forclosure, and made it clear to him that I would not be leaving based on his whim and pleasure. I also told him I didn't like that he didn't mention my deposit in the meeting or his letter.

He remained calm with me but secretly he was furious. I found that out the next day when I heard him telling someone on the phone- "I could evict them and they would get nothing. It would be so easy".

So that's where we are with that.

I'm orry I haven't posted. I've been preoccupied with my living situation and my car.

More later.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Danny, I'm so sorry about your jackass landlord.
Unfortunately, you can't reason with drug addicts.
But we are very glad to hear from you.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy cow - that sucks big time, Danny! What a moron. Ugh - very stressful situation - so glad that you and your SO are being very calm and can investigate further since clearly, Mr Idiot is not to be trusted or relied upon for truthful info!

Now that we know you are ok - we can wait for you to sort this out! Glad you are back tho!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Crummy, Danny! Sounds like the moron is going over the cliff. What a pain & worry. Are you & SO looking for somewhere else? I hope you find somewhere stable and PEACEFUL, what a novel feeling that would be, after all this time! What's the word on your car? Hope no more bad developments.

Sending big multi-carat dust your way. Write when you can.

--- Laurie

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
texaskj|1343239500|3239823 said:
Oh Danny, I'm so sorry about your jackass landlord.
Unfortunately, you can't reason with drug addicts.
But we are very glad to hear from you.

That's what my mother said. Thank you. :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1343238880|3239818 said:
I found that out the next day when I heard him telling someone on the phone- "I could evict them and they would get nothing. It would be so easy".

If you mean that he thinks he can circumvent this (which you know is impossible) and evict you...let me reassure you that eviction is no easy process. It may vary from state to state, but your landlord would still have to go to court to do it! In Connecticut the landlord has to hire an attorney and go through three separate steps before he can legally evict a tenant. Landlords often tell tenants they "have to be out in two days" or some such thing and tenants believe them and go. But the law says the tenant can STAY.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
-Update 2

-Car

My poor car died. Catastrophic transmission failure.

Sigh.

It stopped going in reverse. I tried to get the oil changed but Sears and Wal-Mart wouldn't touch it. Then I hired a mechanic who said the problem was the linkage assembly. He wasn't willing or able to order the parts. The dealer and I tried indentify the parts but of course we couldn't know exactly which part he meant and others he might need. I decided to have the dealer do all of it at that point.

By this time 3rd was operating like 1st and 4th like 2nd. I didn't have R, 1, 2, or 5.

It died in a grocery store parking lot. It made a big thumping sound and that was it. The clutch was almost certainly burnt out too by that point.

I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to fix it but I'm leaning toward not fixing it. It was only an $1850 car to begin with and I don't think it would be worth putting that kind of money in it.

So it's just sitting here.

I have to find a new place to live and replace my car.

So if I'm not posting please know it's not personal! I wish I could spend more time here!

More later- phone battery at 8%.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Danny - I'm glad it wasn't something we said! :wink2:

Good luck with the home and car situations - it sounds like you're dealing well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results