shape
carat
color
clarity

ebay pearls?

lookingaring

Rough_Rock
I'm just having a quick look on ebay at some pearl necklaces as a small present for gf, nothing too fancy really. Sometimes things can be just poorly listed especially if its a non professional seller (feedback usually gives that away). Again this is just a bit of fun rather than any kind of proper money being involved (diamonds are swallowing that up atm)

1. The long necklace. Had a look at this one, knotted, nice clasp, a little bit imperfect but would make a more casual set? What do you think? listed as "30" pearl bracelet with gold clasp". Its clearly a private seller from feedback.

2. a set of necklace and bracelet. I'm really buying this for necklace. Lady claims the necklace was bought at http://www.iowpearl.co.uk/ and its about 22 years old so can be pretty sure its pearl I think?

"These two items were bought 22 years ago and I am providing the details as honestly as I can remember as I am no expert. I am having a clear out of jewellery not worn for years

The necklace was bought for me from Isle of Wight Pearl and is genuine Pearls, although I am not sure which type as I understand there are differnt types. It has a beautiful claspe and at 18 inches sits just on my collar bone. It has been worn no more than a dozen times and has been kept in my jewellery box"

I'm currently saving for engagement ring so this is just a little bargain hunting for fun, which would you go for ladies? :)

$(KGrHqJ,!pgE8Wq6G6S0BPNoqQlUTQ~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!n4E8Vq-GZnrBPNpi3K5Rg~~60_12.JPG

lookingaring

Rough_Rock
gets tempting though once you get above the $100 mark you start getting into some really nice stuff.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, they did have faux pearls years ago, and feedback can be decieving. There are many sellers on ebay selling freshwater as akoya and freshwater as South sea and Tahitians. No one gives them bad feedback because they don't know the difference.

http://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14 I would take time to read the whole thread Forum: Pearls on eBay Q & A
Questions regarding pearl items on eBay. Do not get taken!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lots of faux pearls on the market.....in the past and now.
also pearls made from crushed pearls as well as shell and "reconstituted" as pearls.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i only buy from Pearl Society if purchasing pearls on eBay.
good customer service.
items as described.
thus far happy with purchases.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results