shape
carat
color
clarity

Did anyone see the eclipse?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It happened over my house. WOOOHAAAA! What a sight. I sat there with my alien looking glasses looking at this thing that looked like a huge eye in the sky hoping the earth would move, move, move and we would see the full sun again. Silly isn't it, but the thought stayed in my mind -- what if we freeze in place and have to forever live in this oddly beautiful twilight.

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
We have about 80 percent of the eclipse here. I honestly get creeped out by the twighlight light during an eclipse. It feels so wrong to me.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, it can give you the heebeejeebees. All the birds went silent and that's when the hair on the back of my neck poofed up. :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ME!!! It was soo cool and the sun was casting a shadow on our wall looking like the eclipse! We took some pictures! That was pretty Amazing :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1337565126|3199998 said:
ME!!! It was soo cool and the sun was casting a shadow on our wall looking like the eclipse! We took some pictures! That was pretty Amazing :appl: :appl: :love: :love:
Way to go Skippy. Give those two handsome boys of yours a kiss & hug from Matata. They are such darlings.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1337565501|3200003 said:
Skippy|1337565126|3199998 said:
Way to go Skippy. Give those two handsome boys of yours a kiss & hug from Matata. They are such darlings.
aw thank you Matata, I will definitely give my boys a a hug and kiss from you!! :halo: You are always so sweet and thoughtful!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched it. We moved 3 times and had cloud cover but it was awesome. Maximum was 76% from here. Here are a few photos I took. These are projected images on a piece of paper on nifty little "sun spotter".

Eclipse.jpg

MaxEclipse.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a much better photo from a friend of mine who took pictures through his telescope.

AVPEclipse.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome pics Marcy. Thanks for sharing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome, Matata. :wavey:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yes! It was amazing! My neighbor had some sort of mylar material we were able to look through. The trees were casting crescent shadows everywhere. Very cool.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1337565066|3199996 said:
Yeah, it can give you the heebeejeebees. All the birds went silent and that's when the hair on the back of my neck poofed up. :bigsmile:

Our local pigeons were weirded out too.

Great photos!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We glanced through opposing polarized lenses... but for me the really cool thing was the shadows that were cast, especially by trees and leaves. It looked like stylized ferns and half-circle designs and... and unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me to capture it!

The friend I was with looked at one tableau and said the shadows looked like rows of skulls - guys! :roll:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
We missed it (were at a concert) but thank you Marcy for posting those amazing photos - love the series. thanks!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
we were at Maker Faire in San Mateo. where better to be than with a bunch of geeks and several telescopes! the shadows on buildings were amazing a well as on the ground itself. totally cool event! despite the availability of scopes and the handy-dandy viewing goggles, hubby insisted on making a pin hole in paper and watching it that way, too.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
There was exactly one cloud in the western sky. And at the exact moment of the full eclipse, that one cloud went over the sun.

Abril

Shiny_Rock
Saw it! It was awesome. Now we're waiting until Aug. 21, 2017 for the next one. It will be a total eclipse.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1337620519|3200285 said:
There was exactly one cloud in the western sky. And at the exact moment of the full eclipse, that one cloud went over the sun.

We had that problem too. Darn those clouds!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome Enerchi. I saw a lot of amazing pictures online today. It was a well observed eclipse. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I darkened my original images, rotated the last few images for the proper alignment and made another collage.

EclipseDarker.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I wish! We were camping and were hoping for clear skies but instead it was full cloud cover. Noticed that it got a little darker, but it wasn't super noticeable. Boo!

So jealous of those who got to see it!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it Marcy!! Those are great shots (I know they are the same shots, but this adjustment really helps make it 'real'!) Thanks again

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy....that series of pictures would make a great art installation.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Enerchi and Matata. I dont know why I didn't think of rotating the pictures the first time but it didn't take me that long to fix them. It makes it easier to see the progression of the eclipse.

I am really enjoying the ring of fire pictures people have been posting online. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results