shape
carat
color
clarity

Which pearl for a pendant?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to chose one of these pink pearls for a pendant and I may get two others for earrings. Which do you think is nicest for the pendant?

Thank you :))

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, so sorry! I meant to attach the pic they sent me but got distracted by my kids :roll:

Here they are (Freshadamas, btw). I like the 2nd one in the bottom row because it looks like a delicate pink but the luster on the first one in that same row seems better. Which of these do you like better and what is more important, color or luster?

05-15-12a.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one on the bottom row! I guess that means luster would be my choice ;))

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like the two pearls to the left, second row.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you akmiss and Lovinggems. Still haven't made up my mind but I think it will be the 1st on the bottom left. It does have such a lovely luster! The colors here are washed out-- the original pic she sent me had slightly more vibrant pinks.

What color gold would you choose? I love yellow gold but think white gold might look better...?

K9

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is also for the first one on the bottom left. The luster is very nice on that one! I see gold tones in that pearl so I'd do yellow gold... of course, it would look great with any metal color!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks K9! That's just what I chose! The bottom right one is 10.74mm and I'm having it set in a yellow gold pendant with 8-8.5mm matching studs :appl:

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Can't wait to see pix! :appl:

Wowza :love: I was just going to email you back about your project!

Those are all gorgeous pearls-- makes it hard to choose! I think freshadama is a good choice for a pendant they are a bit more durable than akoya.

Can't wait to see pictures. :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi bean!

It was very hard to choose because they are all so pretty and I have an untrained eye when it comes to pearls.

The woman I talked to day before yesterday described them as Freshadamas but when I spoke with Mia yesterday, she said they were metallic exotics, which I think she said is similar in quality to Freshadamas ? In any case, I'm really excited about my purchase and can't wait to see them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results