shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought a ring, lost a side stone, Q about the setting...

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
lucyruth,

Oh, no! A good seller would keep you informed about the status. He would have let you know when he got the ring and he would give you an estimate when the repairs would be made. I'm not sure at what point you ought to open a complaint with ebay. Maybe some of the more experienced ebayers will have some advice for you on that.

I would be upset, too. I hope that your fears are unfounded and you get your ring back soon.

liz

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh NO!!! I have my fingers crossed that you are right - he's just busy and wanted to update you at the 'end' of the process... oh I hope that's the case, but I agree - I'd be pretty suspicious that something is up.

You can leave feedback on his site - which may or may not be effective, but if he's in the process of fixing it, you don't want to be premature about 'slamming' him!

Is there a contact #? Have you advised eBay of your situation and concerns? They can get involved and help mediate between the 2 of you...

I hope it turns out well - stay positive, it's only been a week....

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
Well, I've already left him great fb, and honestly if he follows through with this repair I'll be thrilled. I'm just beyond nervous without hearing any updates or response to my questions. Perhaps the ring will just show up, but goodness I'd like to know!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I agree. You've given him everything at this point (feedback, money AND the ring!) - I'd be stressing too. What is your time limit? When would you follow up and then contact eBay? You'd think that if he was fixing it and going to send it back, that he'd let you know.

It will work out. I'll be positive from my end too! and fingers crossed! :))

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
It's here! It showed up today, no signature required or anything! :-o

Well, it's level in the setting, but I'm going to have to go with dreamerdee on the details. Stone seems really secure and the corners are built-up, but it needs a polishing or something, very rough. And, the stone is level - yeah! And the missing single cut has been replaced.

I would have had a little less indigestion if I'd known more, but I am just thanking the Lord it's here and I'm not out anything.

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Whew! In the first photo, the head looks a little wonky, with the right side prongs looking larger than the left side, but that may just be the angle the diamond is on. As long as the diamond is secure, I'd wear it awhile before deciding what, if anything, I'd do with it.

liz

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
I totally agree it looks mega wonky in the photos! Ugh! But irl, all you see is the warm glow of the diamond. So it doesn't detract unless you are studying it with some magnification. Then, well, hmmm. Not sure what I'll do with it. Thanks though! So glad it's back and in one piece.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto on the right side wonkiness - but HOORAY YIPPEE YAHOO that it arrived! phew - there's a load off your mind!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results