shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this work at all?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I'm trying to make this tahitian pendant work for me some way and I feel I need to funky it up a bit The small plain gold chain it came on isn't amazing on me and I don't want to invest in another one because I don't wear enough yellow gold for it to be worth it. I like yellow gold but it doesn't flatter me very much. I do wear it mixed with white metal sometimes though. I found this interesting blackened popcorn chain and thought I might try it with the pendant. I'm finding it interesting. Kind of liking it because the chain is similar in color to the pearl. Are they too odd together? Obviously it's not like a huge commitment because it can be changed. But I can't think of very many alternatives?

tahitain01.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow these pics are kind of dark. Sorry.

tahitainchain.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I think it works!

The cool thing about tahitians is that they can be as traditional or as modern as you want to make them!

I like the blackened chain - looks similar to how it'd look on a black leather or satin cord. ;))

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
K9|1334858022|3175223 said:
I think it works!

The cool thing about tahitians is that they can be as traditional or as modern as you want to make them!

I like the blackened chain - looks similar to how it'd look on a black leather or satin cord. ;))

You make a good point. I guess I have seen tahitians in more modern settings. I had considered a leather cord. But I wasn't sure if it would be delicate enough for the pendant. I could always try it though. Anyway..... Thanks.

OT: I love your green ring :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
That chain definitely works with the pearl. Another idea that I like with Tahitian pendants is using a necklace of small colored stone rondelles. I have seen one using tiny labradorite rondelles (about 3.5 mm) at a local jeweler that I love with my Tahitian pendant. You might need to change the bale to an enhancer, though. I wear my Tahitian pendant with a faceted unheated tanzanite necklace (it is sort of a light lavender color), and I like the flash that you get from the rondelles.

I'm attaching a link to show what sort of rondelles I'm thinking of, not that I've used this vendor.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/89155418/14-inches-full-strand-of-very-very-rare?ga_search_query=labradorite&ga_search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_6090264

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1334861878|3175281 said:
That chain definitely works with the pearl. Another idea that I like with Tahitian pendants is using a necklace of small colored stone rondelles. I have seen one using tiny labradorite rondelles (about 3.5 mm) at a local jeweler that I love with my Tahitian pendant. You might need to change the bale to an enhancer, though. I wear my Tahitian pendant with a faceted unheated tanzanite necklace (it is sort of a light lavender color), and I like the flash that you get from the rondelles.

I'm attaching a link to show what sort of rondelles I'm thinking of, not that I've used this vendor.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/89155418/14-inches-full-strand-of-very-very-rare?ga_search_query=labradorite&ga_search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_6090264

That's a great idea! And there are so many possibilities as well. You could do labradorite, moonstone, onyx, or something with more color like you have. Hmmm.

I would have to check my bale though.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea FlyGirl! I see lots of tahitians worn on gemstone rondelle strands - they look stunning that way.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
innerkitten|1334859080|3175239 said:
OT: I love your green ring :)

Blush. Thank you!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think your pendant looks great with mixed metal and the blackened chain. it would look good on a satin ribbon as well. and i think you could use it on a larger chain as well. it has "presence" and while elegant could be worn casual as well.

nicely done, kitten!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's seriously cool, IK. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results