shape
carat
color
clarity

Cake oopsie

smithsmith

Rough_Rock
I just had to share this. I feel awful about it.

Our wedding is not until NEXT April, that is April 2013. We already know what bakery we want to use for our cake, because we have eaten cupcakes there several times and love the product and the baker/owner. So I emailed the baker with our date, and she said she was open (of course, because it is so far away, right?). She sent me her info packet with flavors, etc. So I sent in the deposit to save the date, and figured we would hammer out all the details when the wedding got a lot closer.

Well I received an email from the baker yesterday, saying that I NEEDED to call her asap to talk about the cake. I called, and she was being really pushy and trying to make me decide everything right there on the spot. Come to find out, she had mistaken the date for next week rather than next year!!

I went back and looked at all my communication with her, and I clearly said 2013. I know I included the event date with my check as well. It was her mistake, but I feel horrible. I know she may have turned down other jobs, and arranged her whole next week thinking she was going to have to bake a cake and deliver it (out of town too) to this crazy bride who still didn't know what flavor to order the week before the wedding! Ugh. :blackeye:

audball

Ideal_Rock
OH goodness! Well, unfortunately for her it wasn't your fault. Just make sure she knows your real date so you can have your yummy cake for your wedding!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not your fault. Just see if you can get her to laugh about it with you and all will be well.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I had a similar problem, although it was (technically) my fault.

We eloped to Colorado, our wedding date was 5 February. When I ordered the cake I wrote 5/2/2003 as the date required. In Australia, that is the 5 February, it totally skipped my mind that in the US the date is written as the month first.

So needless to say, my cake wasn't ready. :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results