shape
carat
color
clarity

engraved 18K WG Art Deco wedding band

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I've been looking for a vintage engraved white gold wedding ring to use as a stacker and a "stopper" for the 3/4 carat OEC ring, which by itself is too loose on my right hand. There are a good many of them available, but most are very worn and hardly any are anywhere close to my size.

Could kick myself for missing out on this one, which sold for $137.50. Would probably have been worth it to go to $200 or maybe even more. Hindsight and all that.

Ran into this one on Ruby Lane today. It's more than I wanted to spend, but I'm tired of looking, it's in beautiful shape, and the design is a little bit different. Must be a new listing because I check RL at least every couple of days and this was the first time I'd seen it. Decided to snap it up before someone else did. Will see how it fits with the OEC ring and if it doesn't work, I'll send it back. I ordered a 1mm unplated white gold stacker to use as a "stopper" so I can always cancel if this does the trick.

At first, I thought the profile was square so I wasn't that interested in it, but it looks like the top is a little narrower than the base so the sides taper up just a little bit. There's a lot of engraving and it has a milgrain edge, too.

So far, I've managed to resist Dreamer_D's OEC, but that surely is tempting! It's a beauty.

As an aside, I'm supposed to be able to go to the jeweler today and pick up everything I left three weeks ago (resizing itty bitty ering, resizing and prong repair on great aunt's ering, and appraisal on some pieces) but it won't surprise me if he's not done. The resizing and repair or done but he still has to do the appraisal. I'm going to get an estimate on prong repair on the five-stone and probably leave it for repair and resizing. I am looking forward to getting my rings back so I can wear them.

liz

BandGotAway18K.jpg

Band18Ka.jpg

Band18Kb.jpg

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
I love the engraving on that ring. Very pretty! I hope it's as nice when you get it. It does look like it's in good condition.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sure does look very nice - good detailing on the engraving and no obviously worn areas. Hope you get it!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
The seller is really nice. I let her know that I wasn't going to be home much in the next week and a half and could only check my mail Thursday and Sunday or next Thursday (three-day return after receipt is my concern). She said she wasn't able to get it in the mail today so it wouldn't get here until Friday at the earliest and a signature is required so she could mail it whenever I wanted. I asked her to mail it tomorrow. Maybe the little slip will be in my mailbox when I get home Sunday and I can make a quick run to the PO Monday morning before I leave town.

She sent me some links to articles in a 1921 jewelers' magazine with info on engraved wedding bands. That was pretty interesting.

I'm hoping I like it and it works with the OEC ering. I wish it were a size 8.25 but those are probably even harder to come by than a size 8. It should fit fine unless my fingers are swollen.

liz

Jeweler didn't call to let me know he's done with the appraisals so I still don't have my rings back :(sad. Maybe tomorrow.

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, loved the first one, I know how it feels to have one get away! But the second is really nice too. I think it will look great!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
lucyruth,

I see you are getting ready to divest yourself of some of your recently-acquired treasures.

I'm not sure this new engraved band will work with the 3/4 ct. OEC. I tried the OEC with the platinum band and they don't play well together. This one may be a little taller. I may just wear a spacer. Will have to decide whether to keep this one or not. It's supposed to be delivered Friday but I won't be here so will probably have to go to the PO Monday morning before I leave town again.

The jeweler finished the appraisal last night but he forgot to call me. I finally called him this afternoon and he'd been expecting me all day. I can actually get the itty bitty ering on now and it's cute but it's probably not going to get worn that much.

My great aunt's engagement ring is more comfortable now and it's beautiful. I'm not sure whether I'll wear it that much, though. I'm trying to decide whether to put it back in the vault or keep it out to wear it. Part of me thinks I ought to wear it since it's a family treasure but I'm not sure how much I would. I wish the center diamond were an OEC, but it's a round brilliant.

I like some of my new acquisitions better. I'll probably wear the 3/4 ct. OEC most of the time and on my left hand, I'll probably prefer either the six-stone or five-stone on my left. I need more ring fingers!

Don't have the appraisal figures yet because there are two more items to add, but the jeweler did mention that appraisal values were higher than what I paid for each of the items, and the 3/4 ct. OEC is something over $4K, I think. As long as they don't appraise for a lot less than I spent, I'm happy.

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results