shape
carat
color
clarity

Dying to know more - 18k, OMC, Ca.????

Kimberella

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm so glad I found this forum. We bought this ring off eBay (I know, could have been bad, but it wasn't). It's unstamped, but we had it independently tested and found to be 18k, real diamonds, 1 ctw. They're all different colors but I kind of like that.

We don't know anything about it, though. It doesn't look like any other ring I've seen, so I can't begin to guess the age. We were told the diamonds were OMC, though I'm sure y'all would know better. I was wondering if anyone's seen anything that looks like this, how old it was, where it came from, &c. I'm putting up two stock pictures from the seller and two I took with my iPhone. Thank you so much!

ring.jpg

ring side.jpg

photo-2.JPG

photo-1.JPG

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
That's a cool ring. Can you get closeups of the diamonds from head on (top) so the facet patterns show? A profile shot of the diamonds would be great, too. They do seem to have high crowns and small tables.

Are the stones round or a little squarish?

liz

Kimberella

Rough_Rock
Thank you! This may be a better shot of the facets. I have a hard time getting a profile shot, but the middle one comes to a long point that sticks out of the setting on the bottom. They are mostly but not totally round.

facets.jpg

kefira

Shiny_Rock
The diamonds to be nicely sized. I'd say the ring looks Victorian, maybe a touch of Art Nouveau. Very pretty!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
They are probably either old mine cut or old European cut. I've only seen OECs. There are people here who should be able to tell you what the diamonds are.

I just got a very delicate ring with a similar but much smaller curlicue setting.

liz

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Kimberella, I have nothing to add but just wanted to say it is a lovely ring, the metal work is just gorgeous :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look like old mine cuts, very rustic so likely earlier/older type of cold cuts. Something about the setting seems new to me, like it is a reproduction, but that is something you would need to ask an appraiser or antique jewelery expert in person!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a find from eBay! It is a beautiful ring, but I can not offer you any information on the stones. Not knowledgeable enough to help you, but there are some amazing experts on the boards that will be able to assist.

enjoy the ring -wear it in good health!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cant tell you anything about it but the scroll work on the ring is lovely.

The stones look like OMCs to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results