shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW updates! I just realized.......

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
It's been exactly 1 year since I put myself on the list (I'm now #27 gasp!). Funny, because I have never paid attention to the date in my siggy until just now, as I was typing in another thread. Well, I guess I should give an update on what's happened in this year:

I found a stone.

Changed my mind on a number of settings--- went from halo to solitaire, to pear sidestones, back to solitaire (with a unique twist), then re-considered a halo--- and FINALLY decided on an e-ring setting that would fit all my needs! :appl:

Unfortunately, before it needed to be sent for the custom-made setting, we had it appraised for insurance, and I am very disappointed with the results. :((

I feel like I've wasted my SO's money. :nono: I will confess, I have cried over this (& ashamed to post about it on PS). I bet he wishes he never relinquished control over this process. And there's no option to return.

Only SO and a PS vendor has seen the diamond. I haven't. They say they love it, & it's "unique." My SO believes I will love it once I lay my eyes on it. He doesn't want to sell & try for another stone. Given my initial poor choice, I won't argue with that & will allow him the final say now.

I just hope the setting comes out the way I hope since I'm already squeamish about a custom process as it is.

Well, that's my update (& small confession) hehe. What are the updates for the rest of the LIW? Please Share!

peonia

Rough_Rock
i'm sure the final result will be beautiful, unique and just what you want! it seems your SO knows what he's doing so i think trusting him would be a good idea :)

i do feel your worries about a custom made ring though - although i know i will love however my ring turns out, i do worry that the details my BF and i want for the ring won't turn out well in reality. but i think as long as you work with a trusted jeweller, they'll let you know what will work and what won't, and it'll be perfect in the end!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see the final product!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Twinkle - if both your FF and a PS vendor love it, that sounds like a win! What was it about the appraisal that got you down? I can't imagine a PS vendor loving a stone that wasn't well-cut...so is the issue just that you are worried you overpaid? I think as long as you ultimately love it that's all that matters!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
atp223|1332681013|3155965 said:
Twinkle - if both your FF and a PS vendor love it, that sounds like a win! What was it about the appraisal that got you down? I can't imagine a PS vendor loving a stone that wasn't well-cut...so is the issue just that you are worried you overpaid? I think as long as you ultimately love it that's all that matters!

Thank you! Yes, I'm afraid we overpaid. I think because my SO has fallen in love with it so much, that will be enough for me to love it. I just feel I wasted all that I learned on PS & should've known better! :???:

I LOVE your ring, btw!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
*Twinkle*twinkle*|1332705942|3156153 said:

Thank you! Yes, I'm afraid we overpaid. I think because my SO has fallen in love with it so much, that will be enough for me to love it. I just feel I wasted all that I learned on PS & should've known better! :???:

I LOVE your ring, btw!

Thanks Twinkle! You're so sweet :). I'm excited to see YOUR ring! I think that despite your reservations it sounds very promising! And at the end of the day, since it is from the love of your life, it will have lots of sentimental value! Overpaying, though stressful, for a stone everyone else loves, is seriously one of the less-bad "diamond catastrophes". I think a round brilliant with 64% depth or 66% table could have been worse ;-) (did you see DF's thread in hangout?)

Keep us posted!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
atp223|1332819670|3157092 said:
*Twinkle*twinkle*|1332705942|3156153 said:

I LOVE your ring, btw!

Thanks Twinkle! You're so sweet :). I'm excited to see YOUR ring! I think that despite your reservations it sounds very promising! And at the end of the day, since it is from the love of your life, it will have lots of sentimental value! Overpaying, though stressful, for a stone everyone else loves, is seriously one of the less-bad "diamond catastrophes". I think a round brilliant with 64% depth or 66% table could have been worse ;-) (did you see DF's thread in hangout?)

Keep us posted!

Thanks, atp223! I will!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any pictures you can share? Maybe the LsIW can give you some insight!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results