shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite pear w/pear diamond sides in 18k yg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I got this stone at the last Intergem near me from PrimaGems (the same vendor where I got my red mahenge spinel). I originally had a light yellow chrysoberyl in this ring, and while the ring looked nice, it didn't look good on me, as the stone blended with my light beige skin. I didn't buy the stone to fit the ring, it was just one of those lucky coincidences, so I had my "new" jeweler that I just found set the tsavorite and I'm very pleased with the results. I think this will be one of those "keeper" rings.

18k yellow gold, 2.61ct (approx 10 x 7) pear tsavorite garnet with two warm .35ct (approx) diamonds. The diamonds are very clean, but I don't have any specs, as I bought the setting second hand. First off a couple of quick photos of the stone when I first got it.

The stone has great luster and just glows! The photo of the ring is sitting in the sun at lunch. The stone is the color of the top and bottom of the stone in this photo, the light area in the middle is a reflection.

tsav2 prima (2).JPG

tsav2 prima (1).JPG

sun shot tsavorite.JPG

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
A few more hand shots with my old point and click (and my dry hands - my apologies, but I have a new puppy and I wash my hands about 20 times a day).

by the window tsav (2).JPG

by the window tsav.JPG

by the window tsav (3).JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, that's a beauty!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorluvr|1327945446|3114926 said:
I got this stone at the last Intergem near me from PrimaGems (the same vendor where I got my red mahenge spinel). I originally had a light yellow chrysoberyl in this ring, and while the ring looked nice, it didn't look good on me, as the stone blended with my light beige skin. I didn't buy the stone to fit the ring, it was just one of those lucky coincidences, so I had my "new" jeweler that I just found set the tsavorite and I'm very pleased with the results. I think this will be one of those "keeper" rings.

18k yellow gold, 2.61ct (approx 10 x 7) pear tsavorite garnet with two warm .35ct (approx) diamonds. The diamonds are very clean, but I don't have any specs, as I bought the setting second hand. First off a couple of quick photos of the stone when I first got it.

The stone has great luster and just glows! The photo of the ring is sitting in the sun at lunch. The stone is the color of the top and bottom of the stone in this photo, the light area in the middle is a reflection.

When I first saw that tsavorite, I thought Primagems. Great vendor, and I bought my huge heart mint garnet from him. Gorgeous stone!!! Love it!!! He has some amazing tsavorites and mahenge spinels.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful! I love green stones :love: =) :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks amazing (even on dry hands!!!) and I really like the YG setting! I love pears and green, so for me - this is a perfect ring :bigsmile:

Enjoy it - its a beauty! :love:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Very nice combo! Enjoy it!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the nice comments. Yes, TL, PrimaGems is great. They also have some nice chrome tourmalines :naughty:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just yummy!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's just gorgeous! The tsav is a beauty & I love the size & layout of the side diamonds. YG sets it all off perfectly. What a triumph of a ring!

--- Laurie

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this ring! The stone is gorgeous, beautiful green!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a great tsavorite and looks like it has excellent saturation (except for the one pic where a portion is in the sun and looks a little light). I like the side stones and think it fits your hand perfectly.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I really the proportions of the ring and the tsav is very nice.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful ring, colorluvr! I'm curious, which one do you think you will wear more, the cab or the pear? I guess they are very, very different in style. Both are awesome, though!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
GemFever|1327975346|3115254 said:
Beautiful ring, colorluvr! I'm curious, which one do you think you will wear more, the cab or the pear? I guess they are very, very different in style. Both are awesome, though!

Thank you all for the nice compliments. I have a couple of smaller tsavorites, but I just fell in love with this stone when I saw it. I imagine I'll now remove one of the smaller tsavs that I had set in a ring, and put it in a pendant.

I don't know if I will wear one more than the other beings that they are both yellow gold. I don't own that much yellow gold jewelry anymore, so my white gold gets worn more, but I do have a wide tri-color (gold is tri-color, not the diamonds unfortunately ) diamond band that I wear on my right hand, when I wear a yellow gold gemstone ring on my left. I'm right handed and usually wear my more fragile stone rings on my left hand.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a timeless and classy 3 stone pear ring, and in 18K to boot. Lovely choice. I've dealt with Primagems too and he's very easy to deal with.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is lovely!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats an amazing ring! Very lovely!

-A

PrincessCath

Shiny_Rock
Love the color of your tsav. :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok - where has my previous post gone?????????????????????? :confused:

Since it's disappeared I'm going to say again for the record that I love your ring. I never thought I would like pears with a pear but after getting one myself it has rapidly become one of my favourite settings and I REALLY love it with a coloured centre stone. It's just so regal looking. Many congratulations (and can I borrow it please)? :loopy:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful as always. You have such a knack for selecting the prettiest gems and setting them to show off their beauty.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the new compliments. I didn't realize this thread was bumped up again. :bigsmile:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1331065404|3142068 said:
Many congratulations (and can I borrow it please)? :loopy:

Absolutely! Of course, I may need to borrow one of yours in return :naughty:

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Whoohoo! I love this setting for your Tsavorite... The color is to die for, it's just so incredibly vivid! :appl: Nicely done, the diamond sides were the perfect choice.

Good luck with the new puppy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful.

Do you call or email them? I reached out to them for a sapphire through their website and never heard back.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow/ that's beautiful!!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1331090864|3142487 said:
It's beautiful.

Do you call or email them? I reached out to them for a sapphire through their website and never heard back.

I have a different email for them than is shown on their still underconstruction website. It's the same as the alternate email on their website, except it is gmail not hotmail.

HTH

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
colorluvr|1331129878|3142825 said:
Gypsy|1331090864|3142487 said:
It's beautiful.

I have a different email for them than is shown on their still underconstruction website. It's the same as the alternate email on their website, except it is gmail not hotmail.

HTH

And be sure to tell them you are a PSer :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results