shape
carat
color
clarity

1940s diamond band

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Got this off ebay. Hanging out here on Pricescope is hazardous to my wallet! I have never had a desire to have a diamond band (although I did have diamond ring guards for an emerald engagement ring once upon a time). It seems like every well-accessorized lady here on PS has at least one diamond band and I realized that the right one (for me) would be something I could wear a lot.

I'm a simple country gal, moved to the city, a jeans a t-shirts person, so big bling just doesn't fit my lifestyle. I'm also pretty cheap :bigsmile:. I figured vintage might be just the ticket, so I set out to find something for under $500 total (including resizing, if necessary), in platinum. I spotted several candidates on ebay, bid on a couple and didn't get them, then chose a "buy it now" at a little higher price than I wanted to pay (but under $500). Described as 1940s 35 to 40 point mine cut diamonds. It's a six-stone ring that is amazingly sparkly. It's just perfect, and exactly what I wanted even though I didn't know it at the time. The diamonds cover my big fingers without slopping over to the sides and touching skin. It has a low profile (not usually my preference) and it's very comfortable.

As with most photos taken by us regular folks, these photos don't do it justice. I'm wearing it on my right hand and it doesn't matter what the light is, there are amazing little flashes of colored light. I don't know exactly what cut the diamonds are or how big they really are, but this is a beautiful ring.

liz

DiamondBand01.jpg

DiamondBand02.jpg

mylittlepretties

Rough_Rock
Very nice liz! It really looks perfect on you. I know what you mean about taking photos - I was trying to take some of a pair of stud earrings and the pics were horrible.

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
I think that's a great ring, and it sounds like it's exactly what you wanted.

Yes, it's really hard to take good pics of jewelry. I find it's easier for me to do the best I can with the camera (in focus, as close as possible), then crop the images to focus in more on the jewelry. With the max file size for the site, I find it works out OK. I'm certainly not a great photographer of jewelry, but doing this makes me feel a little better. I've even used the "zoom" feature on photos of hallmarks to be able to read them.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Lotus99,

Unfortunately, I left my good camera at my SOs this past weekend so I had to do this with a cell phone. I'm not going to get good photos of this ring, and the vendor photos weren't that great, either. There's nothing so special about this ring that detail shots are necessary. I know about the cropping trick but it's hard to zoom the cell phone and take photos with one hand so it really wasn't possible this time.

I was not happy when I discovered I didn't have my camera!

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results