shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Sapphire?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking for a sapphire. Give me your thoughts on this one please. Second row, last one 3.50cts. Will it be too dark? This size would work great to replace my RB diamond in my Sophia setting.

http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_blue.html

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too dark I think. Sorry.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way too dark. Surprising that he refers to it as top color. :confused:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Normally, I would agree that it looks too dark, but it might be worth a phone call to find out if it does indeed go dark or not. I have a gorgeous Madagascar sapphire that I got from Uppy, and while it is a deep blue, it is gorgeous IRL. If you don't like deep blue, then it's not for you.... but like I said, it appears to be the same color as mine, and I love mine: 8mm Madagascar sapphire in Mark Morrell platinum setting.

sapphire 020.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I too, am not so sure it would be too dark. The photo gives that overall impression, but then there are no blown out highlights, and the lighting looks quite soft and even, which makes me think it may be deep, vivid, and with the fine cut quite lively.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the stone is gorgeous! (but I'm no expert!) I have purchased 3 stones from Gemfix and each of the stones was dead on, in terms of the photo posted and IRL.

Give Laura or Andrew a call and see what they have to recommend regarding doing dark when set. Good luck :))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they can send me additional photos.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
bright ice|1330306943|3135312 said:
I think I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they can send me additional photos.
Did you talk to them and get more pictures? I'm anxious to hear what they said.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorluvr|1330476739|3136811 said:
bright ice|1330306943|3135312 said:
Did you talk to them and get more pictures? I'm anxious to hear what they said.

No, but I intend on doing so.

I have another lead on an unheated, medium blue sapphire that I want to check out first.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck! I have a medium blue (AGL certed unheated) sapphire and I love it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could be a dark stone but as VL said, the lighting is muted so it can potentially lighten up outdoors. I've seen some stones from Gemfix that did not fare well when viewed at the consumer's home/office lighting, so that's another you'll have to ask about (indoor colour shift).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results