shape
carat
color
clarity

Local Jewelers in SE Michigan who have CS experience?

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm ecstatic to be on the search for a precision cut sapphire for an my engagement ring and have contacted several favorites about it (bad time with Tuscon happening though!). Through these forums I've fallen in love with the three stone "Butterflies" from WF, but I do want to give a local setter a chance to wow me.

The only thread I've been able to find with the search system is Rockhugger suggesting Marquis Jewelers, which is near me, but are there any other Michiganders here who have had some of their stones locally? The local jewelers under "Resources" really wasn't any help, either!

Thanks in Advance!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
How far away is Pearlman Jeweler's? I believe some PSers have had custom work done by them. I have bought a stock ring from them and was very happy.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Yay another SE Michigander! Pearlman's is in Battle Creek which is about a half hour from the Marquis Jewelers. I like Tappers in Somerset mall in Troy and Ahee in Grosse Pointe too. Oh and Miner's Den in Royal Oak although I think their quality has decreased recently.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I knew. I have yet to have a stone set locally, though I would love to be able to. There is Lawrence Jewelers up in Fort Gratiot that I like to visit, but I've yet to have something set by them. A few of the people there are really great and decently knowledgeable.

good luck!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the help guys! We were planning on going to tappers today just make sure things I like go well on my hand, I'll make sure to see who actually sets their stones. Pearlman's is a bit far away, but it's closer than California (/Whiteflash)! I'll check them all
Out

Kas baby: I didn't realize one of my favorite sapphire rings ( and it's owner ;-) ) lived so close to me. I already check out everybody's jewelry anyway, but now I'll be on extra look out :) How exactly did getting your stone set in the Vatche work?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Maebelle, you are too kind :halo: I sent the sapphire out to Wink in Idaho, since I didn't really care for the Vatche dealer closest to me here in MI. I knew what I wanted and I wanted it done right! They did a superb job

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years and years ago I had an amethyst set by Schlanderer & Sons in Ann Arbor and am very pleased with the way it turned out. I've heard good things about Austin & Warburton and Alex Gulko, but haven't used them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results