shape
carat
color
clarity

Kmom/Michael E. project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Kmom...I have always loved your wedding set! I had no idea that you had such a problem with the prongs. I'm sure I missed a zillion threads about this but how did you wear your prongs down so badly on the original ring? Either way, I absolutely love the way Michael E "saved" your beautiful ring!! It looks awesome with the split prongs! STUNNING!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Didiamond --

What happened to K-Mom's ring is actually a design flaw on the party of D Vatche -- the prongs from the wedding band that actually GOES with that e-ring wore away at the prongs on the e-ring that they sit against when both rings are worn together. It was actually "sawing" off her center stone prongs! Really disappointing when you think of the premium for D Vatche mountings. And, as I recall, they wouldn't take responsiblity for it, which is why Brad of DBOF re-did the prongs for her, although if my recollection serves me right she didn't even purchase the mounting from him, only the center stone. So, kudos to DBOF for really going the distance for their customer and shame on Vatche (not the first negative Vatche story here on PS, unfortunately).

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Di, Here's the full story about the prong issues.

Headlight, you almost had that with the exception that I actually did purchase the ering (stone and setting) from DBOF. However, I did not purchase the wedding band from them, and the band stones actually did the sawing on my ering. Brad rose to the occasion of fixing a problem that was not even his to fix.
1.gif

I'm excited because I get to wear my ring today. No construction
3.gif
since I have a meeting
14.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Wow -- can't believe I got almost the whole (horrible) story right! I guess it really made an impression on me as I have always admired your rings and thought it was just aweful that you went through that.

SO excited for you to wear the rings today -- don't know how much work you'll get done, considering you'll be staring at your hand all day
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Kmom! It's gorgeous! Isn't it amazing how something that seems like such a little thing, can make such a big awesome, beautiful difference?

Melissa

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kmom,
Your set has long been one of my favorites. I didn't think it could get any prettier but Wowza, those prongs make a beautiful thing beautifuller!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you again everyone for your compliments. Matata, is beautifuller a sniglet?

I've worn my "new" ring all day.
9.gif
And it indeed does feel like a new ring. I'm sooooo thrilled. What I especially love about it is the dainty little claws. It is so non-intrusive on the diamond girdle itself. From the top, you hardly even notice it is held on by prongs unless you look closely, creating a very open feel to the diamond's edge. Does that make sense? It has a very clean look to it. And from the sides, it has a beauty all its own.

I am overjoyed. Thank you all for sharing in my delight.
1.gif

~kmom
wavey.gif

jodstr2

Rough_Rock
very nice K-mom, congratulations!!!
love.gif
1.gif

by the way... I grew up on the Big Island, and every time I see your username I'm reminded that I'm long overdue for a trip home to see my parents. the Kamuela/Waimea area is a beautiful place, I love the cool misty weather, you are very lucky!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jodstr!
wavey.gif
What a small world! Yes, it is beautiful here indeed. Everyday I thank God that I can live here. It's always been a dream of mine since I was little, (on those trips through here going back to Hilo from Hapuna Beach
9.gif
) and here I am, living my dream, living in this beautiful town. It's changed a lot, but it's still so pretty here.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
K-mom,
I am a newbie around here (I''ve been lurking around for a while but never posted before) and seeing your ring - I had to post!! OMG I LOVE your new setting!!! It''s absolutely gorgeous.

I just got engaged w/a ring basically the same as your original setting (not vatche though) (and smaller- mine is 0.82 F/SI2 (eye clean) round brilliant center GIA cert w/two pears about 0.25 each on the sides... i will try to post pix on the eyecandy forum) but I have to say I love the split prong and wish I had seen it before my fiance got my ering!!
3.gif

Ok I think I''m done drooling now!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on getting a new beautiful set, K! The new set definitely is more feminine and has more polished and rounded looking lines, its funny how much the prongs make a difference when they are more tapered..I found that out when I had WF do the same thing to my prongs from my e-ring, the old ones were huge compared to the ones they shaved down for me. Much better and it visually shows so much more of the beautiful diamonds we all love. Congrats and wear in good health!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa, I was sure this thread was dead. Looks like I got back just in time to respond.

Thank you flopkins & Mara.

Flopkins, congratulations on your new ring and welcome to Pricescope! I hope you stick around for the fun.

Mara, thanks for your compliment. I must say, I have never loved my ring so much or enjoyed wearing it as much as I do now. I has a brand new look to it and I am wowed by it everyday. You are correct, it shows so much more of the stone and I just love its new look.

Thanks again.

~kmom
35.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
love it! so much more delicate..claw prongs are awsome. congrats! its beautiful...
36.gif

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Kmom,

Your set is gorgeous so stunning
36.gif
The split prongs really do make it look so elegant and classy

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
Wow, really gorgeous ring!!! The setting is beautiful. Congratulations!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
K-mom
congrats,thats a beautiful set of rings.
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
eh, howzit sistah!!!
35.gif

jus'' wanted fo'' say yo'' bling bling stay righteous, li'' dat.

i know i nevah tok'' long time, li'' dat but i had fo'' say your ring is da bomb.

k-den, cuz...keep in touch!

keoki

p.s. hello to everybody else i haven''t written to in a long time. been too busy to be a regular but just wanted to let you know i''m still lurkin''...
9.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Bling, Dancing Fire, Emeraldgirl, Inquisitor and 69 (eh, good to see you braddah!), thanks so much for your compliments.

I''m sooooo in love with my "new" ring!
36.gif

~kmom
35.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
As well you should be!!!! It is one that any woman would dream of being so lucky to wear!!! The set is even more stunning now!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
kamuelamom--your ring is wowza! the doubles are beautiful! your stone is amazing--does everyone already know all about it? it looks huge

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 8:20:21 AM
Author: windowshopper
kamuelamom--your ring is wowza! the doubles are beautiful! your stone is amazing--does everyone already know all about it? it looks huge
WS & Madarski, thanks for the compliments. Windowshopper, when you ask if everyone knows about it, do you mean specs? I'm not sure if I've ever posted them all here or not, except to say that the center stone is a G/SI1, 1.02 ct. The sides are .25 each, F/G VS1, and the band totals .54 ctw, F/G stones, VS1-VS2, set in the newest designer brand, Dvatche-No-More
9.gif
. I'd need to dig up the cert to get the actual numbers on the center stone. I'll try to do that later tonight.

Edited for horrible typing. Also, I am still challenged by the number of boxes I have yet to unpack, and for some odd, strange, scary reason, I cannot find the paperwork on my ring.
32.gif
Only because I went looking for it tonight. I'm sure it's around somewhere and will post the numbers on the stone as soon as I locate it. Of course that will be when I'm not looking for it.
39.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kmom, had to get another look. What a beautiful set of rings (again)
36.gif

Merry Christmas to you and your family on the beautiful Big Island of Hawaii.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 10:44:56 PM
Author: cflutist
Kmom, had to get another look. What a beautiful set of rings (again)
36.gif

Merry Christmas to you and your family on the beautiful Big Island of Hawaii.
Hi Cflutist, thanks so much for your kind words. I wish I had a hug smilie for you.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results