shape
carat
color
clarity

1920's signed wedding band advice

meggamegga

Rough_Rock
Since I got my art deco engagement ring I've been browsing for wedding bands to compliment it. I like the idea of buying one of the same period, but nothing super matchy. I ran across a signed Cartier asscher eternity band. (cartier is stamped, numbers are engraved) It's about 3mm wide and is 1.7-2 cts of diamonds F color and vvs1-vvs2 in clarity. Anyways I had a few questions for a third party in regards to purchasing it and knew that if anyone could help it would be the lovely people on here.

cartier%20ring%20.jpg

-Was this type/style of ring common for cartier in the 1920's?
-Does it make a big difference that it's signed and numbered?
-Is there anything I could do with the numbers? (find out exactly who made it, the original plans ect..)
-What would be a reasonable price to pay for a piece such as this?

Thanks!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
That ring feels pricey to me. Also it looks a bit banged up in some photos. I'd get more information on condition. As for age, well I think it's modern, not deco, but a cool ring. Is the premium worth it? Eh bot sure. Btw mkourdipour does a custom French cut band with 2 ct. For $4,500. I've been thinkig about that one.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
If you don't get that I will. It's beautiful. Take it to a respected estate dealer or better yet, Cartier for verification.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results