shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me plan my layout!!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to work out how to have the layout of my marquee and getting completely confused... I always wanted a marquee wedding and I'm so happy because the space is completely customizable -but it does also mean I don't get to see the space until the day before the wedding so it's giving me a bit of a headache.

The tent will be 12meter by 12meter with a 5meter by 5meter dance floor. We are having 80 guests on 8 x tables of 10.
I need space for:
-DJ
-Table plan easel
-3ft table for guestbook & birdcage for people to leave cards
-3ft table for cake table (which will be surrounded by other deserts and nibbles for after dinner when people are dancing)
-6ft table for "Hog Roast" buffet -I originally didn't want to do a buffet (the rest of the meal is a 3 course sit-down dinner) but Hog Roasts are very popular in the UK and this will be more of a "display" where people can choose what meat they want etc... I also thought it wouldn't be too bad since we aren't having hundreds of guests so no one will be waiting too long for food.
-Bar

I really wanted the tables to surround the dance floor so that everyone can see everything and feel included even if they aren't dancing.
We aren't having a traditional long top table because of erm, unusual family circumstances, and because I didn't want to be so "on display" facing no-one but I thought it would be nice if our table was the first one you see when you walk in because it will be the grandest and I wanted to hang a sign like this on our chairs:

Screen%20shot%202011-06-26%20at%2014.52.40.png

Can anyone help me with layout?

This is what I have so far:

Screen%20shot%202012-01-04%20at%2015.40.38.png

Any suggestions/feedback would be really helpful!! I can move everything around, including the dancefloor :)

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, the kitchen will be placed at the back of the marquee (the top of the picture) and the waiters will come in via that side.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks pretty good! who is sitting at your top table? also I assume the tables are to scale?

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
My only thought is maybe to move the cake towards the gift table. Better to keep it away from the DJ area (might get knocked during dancing). It only gets served for a bit, so no huge need to keep it near the kitchen. It would be nice to see it as you walk in the door too.

It's good that you have room at the bar area. Just thinking maybe people will walk in, see the table plan and migrate directly to the bar. Just keep in mind that that will be the flow, so make sure that's what you want. As the party goes on, people will likely hang out near the bar or on the dancefloor. The older crowd will probably stay closer to their tables.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
slg 47 - yup everything is to scale -I think I might add in the chairs to give a better idea of how much room they take up. Still not 100% sure who will make up the top table -definitely me & my groom, my mother and her partner, the grooms parents & my sister (MOH)... not sure if my dad will be able to make it and his parents don't speak English so I don't want them to feel isolated.

zipzapgirl -The only thing is, the cake table is also the "desert table" which will have mini cakes & cheese on it as well for people to snack on after the meal so I thought it should maybe be near the dance floor. Thinking about it though, people will be getting up to go towards the bar as well, so maybe I don't need it to be RIGHT next to the dance floor -and you're right, it could get knocked into there. The bar won't actually be open at the beginning of the evening, only later after the meal. Before people go into the marquee, there is a garden party in the adjacent garden where we will have canapes and champagne served.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results