shape
carat
color
clarity

Black spinel ring..please help

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
A friend of my Mom at work contacted me and wanted to know if I could either find a reputable seller for a black spinel or a cutter who could cut one for a ring she plans on making. You know my first stop was ole PS here to tap the minds of all my favorite ladies and gem buyers here. Here is what she is looking for
..." I am looking specifically for black spinel and someone that could cut for a ring. About 2 - 3 Carats - 10mm to 12 mm in diameter.

I asked a few follow up questions Cut, price, etc. and to see if one already cut would suffice. In the meantime can I get some ideas as to whom could maybe cut one, some sites that have ones close to those stats already pre-cut, etc. I know you ladies have the best sellers and businesses already saved under your "favorites" so could do a much better job at wading through the BS and unreputable vendors.
Please help :))
Thanks...Amguy

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
or aussie sapphire....andrew has them also.

can't go wrong with doug at bespoke or andrew at aussie sapphire....both australians!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Vapid and MZ..I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. :)) :)) :))
I will pass along the info and check them out as well myself!!! Thanks again!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barrett|1323730632|3080057 said:
A friend of my Mom at work contacted me and wanted to know if I could either find a reputable seller for a black spinel or a cutter who could cut one for a ring she plans on making. You know my first stop was ole PS here to tap the minds of all my favorite ladies and gem buyers here. Here is what she is looking for
..." I am looking specifically for black spinel and someone that could cut for a ring. About 2 - 3 Carats - 10mm to 12 mm in diameter.

I asked a few follow up questions Cut, price, etc. and to see if one already cut would suffice. In the meantime can I get some ideas as to whom could maybe cut one, some sites that have ones close to those stats already pre-cut, etc. I know you ladies have the best sellers and businesses already saved under your "favorites" so could do a much better job at wading through the BS and unreputable vendors.
Please help :))
Thanks...Amguy

There's tons of black spinel for extremely low prices on ebay, or even jtv.com (probably the only thing I would buy from them). You can get someone like Jerry Newman to recut it. He's awesome and very reasonable.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
get it done right the first time and it won't have to be recut......it is an inexpensive stone even when buying from andrew or doug. why go through the effort of shipping back and forth?

http://www.aussiesapphire.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=140_1

i don't see them listed at doug's website but i know he has them or can cut one....see the 2 threads in this forum already re black spinel.....a black spinel e-ring! its going to be gorgeous. check out the settings being considered for that one!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL and MZ...Andrew and Leah at ALF/AS are looking into it. Thanks for the help you both and vapid!! :))
She wants a round cut for an engagement ring...will let you know how everything turns out!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, my, two black spinel e-rings being researched and sought out!

i think there is a trend developing......

Persephone

Rough_Rock
Barrett said:
Thanks TL and MZ...Andrew and Leah at ALF/AS are looking into it. Thanks for the help you both and vapid!! :))
She wants a round cut for an engagement ring...will let you know how everything turns out!!

I'm late to this black spinel party, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I can speak for Bespoke! I purchased an 8 mm round black spinel from Doug last month. I chose the size (8 mm) and the cut (there were a few options for round stones and Doug's guidance was very helpful). I received it quickly considering the distance (Bespoke in AUS, me in Canada) and it's perfection -- black as the ace of spades, as Doug promised!

Can't wait to find out more about your project!

Persephone

Rough_Rock
movie zombie|1323820919|3080905 said:

A trend?! Oh no, don't say that!!!! I thought I was being super unique!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I have been speaking with Leah at AS and she has one in 12mm round standard. I passed on the info that Doug can cut one for her. Any idea of the price Doug will charge for a custom cut 10-12mm round?
Thanks for the help guys!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Persephone|1323882848|3081469 said:
movie zombie|1323820919|3080905 said:

A trend?! Oh no, don't say that!!!! I thought I was being super unique!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

oh, its even worse....i'm thinking of a right hand ring based on the ceramic/metal ring you posted that i liked so much with my aussie spinel....or champagne diamond [well, i actually told my husband i bought that one for him but it isn't set yet...... :naughty: ]

gsellis

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Jason, call me if you get rough. I know we do something. You can come over and see Lorrie's tourmaline ring with a stone from Lisa, you, and another dealer. And you can see the aqua pendent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results