shape
carat
color
clarity

Shower Outfit HALP!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, someone is throwing us a rather large shower on December 30th. Originally we had heard it would be kind of a cocktail party, so I had picked out a great little cocktail dress to wear. Well, my mom just received the invitation, and it says it's "Brisket, Beans, and Brews"..

I'm a girly girl, so I've got no idea what to wear! I'm thinking cowboy boots, but all of my dresses to wear with cowboy boots are too summery. Any suggestions? I can't pull off anything too fitted, I'm a curvy girl. I also look terrible in anything baby doll or empire fitted... And I don't love how my thighs look in anything more than 2-3 inches above the knee! Budget is around $50, and any suggestions are welcome!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Wow that's a hard one. What can you tell us about the location? I assume the invite sounds pretty casual then?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I haven't actually seen the invitation yet! It's in the evening, at a home, 80 people are invited... But I guess it is casual attire.

I suck at casual attire.

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Hmm... you don't think they'd be playing a trick on you (as a surprise), do they? :o Cocktail to beans-and-brews is quite a jump... and just from what I've read about you on this forum, the theme sounds quite surprising!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I'm the same, just don't have the right shape to pull off casual - I suck at casual!

Ok, what about wearing your cowboy boots with a summer dress and just getting a really nice snuggly but dressy cardi to go overtop? Or boots, tights and a sweater dress?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if these are too fitted (and they're a touch out of your price range), but this style might work with boots for this occasion (which sounds awesomely fun to me!):

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/tommy-hilfiger-dress-long-sleeve-ruffle-printed-belted-shirtdress?ID=618929&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=DRESS_LENGTH%3DKnee Length%26SPECIAL_OCCASIONS%3DCasual%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D91%26ruleId%3D2%26slotId%3D22

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/tommy-hilfiger-dress-long-sleeve-ruffle-plaid-print-shirtdress?ID=624249&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=DRESS_LENGTH%3DKnee Length%26SPECIAL_OCCASIONS%3DCasual%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D91%26ruleId%3D2%26slotId%3D23

http://www.dillards.com/product/ECI-BeadTrim-Dress_301_-1_301_502784202?splashlink=header_wapparel

Also, a cute pair of tights and a cardigan can turn a summery dress into something appropriate for colder weather (cold for Texas, anyway!).

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Silly berry, I love the two shirt dresses with the tights and boots - very classy yet casual look

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, those are awesome shirtdresses! I think either one of those would look adorable on you, OUPear!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Great finds everyone! You've got my wheels turning. Shirt dresses are among my favorite (and most flattering) things to wear.

The shower is being thrown by my fiance's family friends, so it's not so much about me, as it is about him. I am not at all disappointed in the theme of the shower or anything, I am just suuuuch a girly girl, who doesn't like her body, and could use a wardrobe update. I'm planning on going shopping this week, and it seems like Macy's may be the place to go.

If anyone has another idea, feel free to chime in. I don't have to wear cowboy boots. I've also got black heeled, gray flat, and camel colored riding boots.. And I'm not averse to wearing heels (which I have plenty of), but don't want to come off as rude if I dress up too much.

Thank you so much for the suggestions!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's what I'd wear:

A long maxi skirt. Boots. Cute top. Sweater/cardi.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results