shape
carat
color
clarity

Beagles freed from lab experience outdoors for first time

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Beagles freed from lab experience outdoors for first tim

I have no words. I don't understand how something like this can happen; how? The only thing I can think is that some people must have no souls. I cannot wait to get home and hug and kiss my own fur babies.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for posting lulu, very sad, but so great to see a good outcome for these two :appl:
One of the reasons I stopped using Bath and Body Works, which I once bought in bulk, was their animal testing on some of their product's ingredients.
They are sneeky about it too, writing "This final product not tested on animals" but the ingredients are tested :nono:

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock

Now I'm bawling before work. Uggh. Time to dry my eyes, rush to get ready, and try to be composed when I teach.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Heartbreaking.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock

Cry cry cry cry cry :( I knew I would but still had to watch.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh my. That is so moving. Those lucky beagles who are 'free' now... it is heartbreaking to think of the others still 'working' in the labs. :((

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock

I have seen it before...and cried.

Thank you for reminding me how amazing animals are.
I hope those babies have a real chance at life now.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hate that animals, even rats, are used in labs to test cosmetics, foods, or drugs or anything.

But I also consider how testing on animals is preferred to testing on humans, and how testing on animals make some products safer for us.
There may be instances where testing on animals is not necessary, but . . .
For those of you who are opposed to all testing on animals . . . how do you feel about products going to market (to be used on humans) without being tested on animals or on willing human test subjects?
Do YOU (or your kids) want to become the test animals?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

maplefemme|1322679783|3071682 said:
One of the reasons I stopped using Bath and Body Works, which I once bought in bulk, was their animal testing on some of their product's ingredients.
They are sneeky about it too, writing "This final product not tested on animals" but the ingredients are tested :nono:

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but there's no major company out there who uses ingredients that weren't tested on animals, because all the ingredients have been, at one point or another, and they aren't adopted by the market until proven safe through animal testing. There are companies, such as Bath and Body Works or Urban Decay, that do not test their final formulations on animals, and don't contract out any animal testing themselves, but their ingredient suppliers have contracted out animal testing. It's sad, but right now there's not a scientifically viable way to test safety before human trials other than that. We're just not technologically there yet. The few that may not are ones that use "organic" ingredients, but quite often, those things are full of skin irritants and allergens.

Poor puppies! The dog that made me like dogs was a beagle. They're sweet creatures. Right now I have a bunny, and those are probably tested on more than dogs... they're such gentle, trusting animals, and so delicate, I can't imagine how horrible it would be for them to be tested on. I also can't imagine how horrible it must be for the people doing the testing. Despite the fact that I understand it's the most viable method of testing things, I don't see how people could ever face an animal's pain like that.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts|1322687619|3071775 said:

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but there's no major company out there who uses ingredients that weren't tested on animals, because all the ingredients have been, at one point or another, and they aren't adopted by the market until proven safe through animal testing. There are companies, such as Bath and Body Works or Urban Decay, that do not test their final formulations on animals, and don't contract out any animal testing themselves, but their ingredient suppliers have contracted out animal testing. It's sad, but right now there's not a scientifically viable way to test safety before human trials other than that. We're just not technologically there yet. The few that may not are ones that use "organic" ingredients, but quite often, those things are full of skin irritants and allergens.

Poor puppies! The dog that made me like dogs was a beagle. They're sweet creatures. Right now I have a bunny, and those are probably tested on more than dogs... they're such gentle, trusting animals, and so delicate, I can't imagine how horrible it would be for them to be tested on. I also can't imagine how horrible it must be for the people doing the testing. Despite the fact that I understand it's the most viable method of testing things, I don't see how people could ever face an animal's pain like that.

I hate the testing but I do agree with you that there is not a different way to make sure it is safe (that I'm aware of).

IF they really have to do any testing involving animals, there should be super high standards -- starting with only testing it on the animal AFTER using other means (computer analysis, etc) to be as certain as possible that it is in fact safe.
Additionally, they should provide a GOOD environment for the animals to live in comfort -- including space to move, decent food, decent bedding, climate control, and exercise. For animals like dogs who like to go outside, they should have time to enjoy outdoors too (or if that would cause potential problems with whatever testing, a suitable "outdoors" for the animals indoors). Period. Anything less is cruel and not necessary.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock

With cosmetic products they can grow human 'skin' and test on that. This testing is more sound (from what i understand) than using animals but its also more expensive.

I feel like i dont need to wear mascara if it has to be stuck in some poor animals eye to make it 'safe' for me...

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock

distracts|1322687619|3071775 said:

I use B&BW as an example because I used to use the body washes and moisturizers daily for years, we make our own now :)

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1322687076|3071771 said:
I hate that animals, even rats, are used in labs to test cosmetics, foods, or drugs or anything.

But I also consider how testing on animals is preferred to testing on humans, and how testing on animals make some products safer for us.
There may be instances where testing on animals is not necessary, but . . .
For those of you who are opposed to all testing on animals . . . how do you feel about products going to market (to be used on humans) without being tested on animals or on willing human test subjects?
Do YOU (or your kids) want to become the test animals?

This was a Degrassi episode. An animal rights activist found out her epilepsy medication was tested on animals and angst ensued.

My ex works in neural engineering and conducted animal tests while we were together. I was originally horrified, but then he explained how the research can be applied to artificial limbs and different therapies for people with sinal cord injuries. I can see how he was comfortable doing what he did since there is the potential to help so many people. At the same time I have kitties so I don't like people hurting animals!

So really torn on this topic.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

the part where they just start running through the grass made me sob out of happiness for them. I cannot imagine doing that to a poor dog -- it's just so heartbreaking.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock

Its super sad. I just don't know how adopting them out of the labs helps - they will just buy more to replace them, right? I guess it gives those dogs a part of their life where they can be happy, but it means another dog will go right into it. I wish there was a better way than animal testing and its definitely got to start somewhere higher up, but I'm not sure what it is.

My furbabies are spoiled and it gives me so much happiness to know they get whatever they want. But its so sad to know that so many other dogs don't get that due to testing or other sorts of abuse. Whats more messed up is I'm not sure these dogs have it the worst with all the people out there who don't feed their dogs, etc. :((

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for posting lulu, very sad, but so great to see a good outcome for these two :appl:

Wow, sleazy!

lulu

Ideal_Rock

Those of you who are conflicted about this issue should take a look at the anti-vivisection society website. You'll find lots of information that will help you define your position. PETA has a list of products that are produced with animal testing as well as those that are cruelty-free.

http://www.navs.org/site/PageServer?pagename=index

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lulu|1322710782|3072006 said:
Those of you who are conflicted about this issue should take a look at the anti-vivisection society website. You'll find lots of information that will help you define your position. PETA has a list of products that are produced with animal testing as well as those that are cruelty-free.

http://www.navs.org/site/PageServer?pagename=index

That's only one side of the issue.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock

Sadly the fact is that many people would likely submit themselves as volunteers for testing for a large number of substances, in return for money. Just that the legality of such an exercise might not be permissible.

I think even if you went down that route, people may stand up and say that you were exploiting the poor, homeless, desperate and stupid. So there isn't pleasing anyone

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock

I saw that story last week. I might have cried.

OK, I did cry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results