shape
carat
color
clarity

FedEx left package and now it is missing??

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ame|1317222138|3027807 said:
And if they left that with a neighbor, how dishonest is this neighbor to not return this package.

apparently they left it outside the building.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That driver should be fired. What the hell would possess him to leave a package just sitting outside.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
okay, so e-weddingbands got through to FedEx...apparently they left it inside the lobby...but still no package. i can't believe it...things get left in the lobby all the time and they are still there...

atp223

Shiny_Rock
but regardless of who left what where, the company you got your ring from is still going to replace the ring, right? i usually just lurk but this situation makes me so mad for you, SLG! the ring company should just send you a new ring immediately and then take it up with fedex re: whose responsibility it is to cover the cost. YOU are the innocent party here. how long do you have till the wedding? is there time to wait for this to be straightened out?

i have had this happen with amazon twice - once where fedex lost the package before it made it to my apt, and once where they delivered to the wrong address (this MAY have been my fault), and (allegedly) left a kindle and digital camera sitting by the back porch of my boyfriend's old house which is in an iffy area (some very nice places mixed in with some not so nice places) - and both times, amazon immediately shipped me new stuff and dealt with the missing stuff on their own. that is how business should be done! this company owes you a new ring stat - figuring out exactly what fedex did or what could have happened shouldn't be your problem at all!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1317399206|3029749 said:
okay, so e-weddingbands got through to FedEx...apparently they left it inside the lobby...but still no package. i can't believe it...things get left in the lobby all the time and they are still there...

I went through this earlier this week with a package from lululemon. Just file a claim with FedEx that it's missing. They will go through their process and in the end, if it's not found, I think they are responsible.

PS - the FedEx driver left my packages with the shopkeeper of the Chinese grocery directly below my apartment. All it said on the tracking was "Left at front door." I was LIVID.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg... I just had a package delivered to my old address by Nordstrom-- all I knew was it had not arrived. I've repeatedly deleted the old address but it's never taken hold and so I called them. Immediate refund. They are going to deal with getting the package back from the wrong address. And they helped me figure out how to solve the problem long term.

That's customer service. ESPECIALLY since they didn't request signature which they unequivocally should have.

I think they should refund you or replace. Since they were the ones who mailed it they have standing to get the insurance and everything dealt with. So they should just make it painless for you to fix.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any updates slg?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
so e-weddingbands is going to file a claim with FedEx and then send me a new band once the claim has been filed. Earlier they asked me if I needed the band by a specific date and I said there was no rush.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1317740029|3032893 said:
so e-weddingbands is going to file a claim with FedEx and then send me a new band once the claim has been filed. Earlier they asked me if I needed the band by a specific date and I said there was no rush.

Huh. Okay - good?

I hope that claim goes in fast, then! And FedEx learns its lesson about where to leave stuff for you...

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

How awful ;( Something similar happened to me, although it wasn't jewelry thank goodness. My best friend sent me chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday last January, Fedex delivered them, but I never got to taste them. I hope whichever neighbor stole them choked on them :angryfire: I'm still mad, so I can't imagine how you must feel over your wedding band. At least it sounds like the vendor is trying to make it right, but it will never be quite the same will it?

Hugs.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m glad to hear the vendor is taking care of it. Sometimes FedEx is amazing.

I have a random FedEx story. For those who don’t know my office, I’m in a very large building. We’ve got several hundred suites and we’re attached to a large show facility that has exhibits of everything from the Toyotathon to the Bar exam. During one of these shows, someone sent me a package addressed to AGR (My company is called American Gem Registry and it’s good to avoid words like ‘gem’ on the outside of packages) but didn’t include either my name or the suite number. FedEx went to the show next door, found an exhibitor with the same acronym and gave the package to an unknown temp model who was working the show. No signature. It was a company that sold saddles. They weren’t expecting anything and they were busy with the show so they just tossed it into the truck to go back home. Everyone was frantic for the next 2 weeks until, completely out of the blue, the shipper got a call from some warehouse guy at a San Antonio saddle maker wondering why someone sent him a diamond ring and what he was supposed do with it!

Sometimes even the stupidest chain of events works out ok.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
denverappraiser|1317745680|3032971 said:
I’m glad to hear the vendor is taking care of it. Sometimes FedEx is amazing.

I have a random FedEx story. For those who don’t know my office, I’m in a very large building. We’ve got several hundred suites and we’re attached to a large show facility that has exhibits of everything from the Toyotathon to the Bar exam. During one of these shows, someone sent me a package addressed to AGR (My company is called American Gem Registry and it’s good to avoid words like ‘gem’ on the outside of packages) but didn’t include either my name or the suite number. FedEx went to the show next door, found an exhibitor with the same acronym and gave the package to an unknown temp model who was working the show. No signature. It was a company that sold saddles. They weren’t expecting anything and they were busy with the show so they just tossed it into the truck to go back home. Everyone was frantic for the next 2 weeks until, completely out of the blue, the shipper got a call from some warehouse guy at a San Antonio saddle maker wondering why someone sent him a diamond ring and what he was supposed do with it!

Sometimes even the stupidest chain of events works out ok.

:-o Wow! If that were my ring, I would have been so worried! Great that everything worked out.

I'm assuming a signature should have been required though, if it was sent FedEx Express?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, a signature was required. The driver just didn't do it. There was a claim in process and had it not been recovered I'm confident it would have been paid. I'm guessing the same is the case here. The shipper is filing a claim with FedEx insurance and, assuming it was properly shipped and insured, I would expect it to be a valid claim. That process takes several weeks to several months and it's entirely between the shipper and FedEx. They won't tell the intendend recipient how it's going or even that an investigation is in process. If it turns up in the meantime, as mine did, that ends it. I never would have known about it except that I had been doing my best to stay in the loop and the shipper called me up and reported that he couldn't believe who just called him.

In defense of FedEx (and UPS), I receive and send several packages a day and have done so for years. I've only had 2 lost packages in all that time and both were recovered. Even in light of the above story, I consider FedEx to be highly reliable.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I glad I read through this thread. I'm expecting to receive a new iphone from UPS today, but I have to take my little guy to a Drs. appointment about the time that they deliver. So I called my carrier and ask if signature is required for the package and...nope it's not, I was told that the driver will leave it at my door. It just happens to be pouring today as well. Thats what I want a water damaged phone. :sick: So problem solved I placed a tupperware lidded container on the porch and asked that it be placed inside. We live in a single family home with great neighbors so no worries that way.

That said, its a dumb phone not a wedding ring! I think it's great that e-wed is going to replace the lost item, (as they should), but I can't imagine why it wasn't sent with signature confirmation. I thought that it was required that any item valued at <x dollars was required to be shipped insured w/ signature confirmation or a claim couldn't be made against Fed Ex?

I'm happy that things are going to be made right for you SLG, but I'm sorry that you have to go through all of the frustration. The litlle tick tick ticking timer thing that is on those trucks has always bugged me. It's hard to expect great service when the driver is constantly racing against a clock. But like DA said, I've never NOT had a package delivered so something is working. Sorry it had to be you though. :((

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one time they left a gold Rolex watch under my front door mat... :rolleyes:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
DF that is ridiculous!!

well the claim has been filed and they are going to start on my order (with signature required). I just wonder who has my size custom-width wedding band with my name/FI's name/wedding date on it but in the end it doesn't matter...I will have the band in time for the wedding and it will be the one I am married with :)

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
On the bright side, I guess you have a story to tell the grandbabies someday. :)

I think if I was you, I would file a police report and contact the local pawn shops/second hand jewelry places. With the engraving, it should be pretty easy to recognize if it comes across their counters.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad there is a satisfactory solution on the horizon for you slg! Whew!!

Thanks for the story Neil :sick: I just mailed the ebay ring I'm returning back to the seller Fed Ex and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't pay the extra 25 bucks for overnight instead of two day. Pins and needles till Thursday morning.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad Sig, that they will send you a new band!

I just wanted to mention that when I received my ring from Leon (with a 2.5 ct.stone) FedEx left in on my porch and didn't get a signature like they were supposed to. Luckily, I was waiting for it. They didn't even ring the doorbell though, just left it.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle said:
I am so glad Sig, that they will send you a new band!

I just wanted to mention that when I received my ring from Leon (with a 2.5 ct.stone) FedEx left in on my porch and didn't get a signature like they were supposed to. Luckily, I was waiting for it. They didn't even ring the doorbell though, just left it.

oh my gosh that is ridiculous!!!! I am glad you got your ring though!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
update: I have my new wedding band! FI got a call today saying that he needed to pick up a package but he was at work, so they held it at FedEx for us (luckily they held it at a location that is on his way home!) I was a little surprised to receive it since they did not send us any notification that it was shipping or a tracking number but I am glad it is here. Still slightly annoyed that someone else has a wb with our names/wedding date engraved on it but glad I have mine :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results