shape
carat
color
clarity

Maytal Hanah...how reputable?

speed51133

Rough_Rock
I am thinking of going with her for a ring. I am honestly a little scared of sending a 10k rock to her, and just hoping she will do the work and not something else. How reputable is this jewler? I have never gone with an online ring maker before. What precautions are there?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is totally reputable. Many on the forum have sent her diamonds to set. Look for CharmyPoo and her thread on her Maytal Hannah ring, as one example. She made my daughter's wedding band in Dec. and it is more beautiful, better quality, and less expensive than ones we saw in the store.

I'd probably want insurance on a diamond I was sending off regardless, though. I think Jeweler's Mutual will do it.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...making-maytal-hannah-halo-erd-cushion.147719/

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
In a word... Very.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Maytal Hannah does not do her own work. She uses various benches. If you want to work directly with the person that makes your ring, go with Steven Kirsch.

These jewelers have worked with much more expensive stones so nothing to worry about :) Their reputation is their livelihood and it isn't worth it over one diamond!

Since you are trying to make a HW replica, I highly suggest Leon Mege or Steven Kirsch. They top my list in terms of pave and getting the curves/flow right.

speed51133

Rough_Rock
i ended up going with maytal. i called steven and he was not as easy to talk to and i was not able to meet with him and sit down and talk about it. Maytal did all that, even meeting up with me in a coffee shop to sit and talk and show me pieces. Maytal helped pick out my stone going with other people as well as her reccomended supplier, and was always available. Steven just wasnt as nice, and his facebook page turned me off, looks like a guido (maybe its not really him???)

here are the pics of the final product.

I fully reccomend maytal.

pscope.JPG

untitled.JPG

pixies

Shiny_Rock
speed51133|1313086026|2988674 said:
i ended up going with maytal. i called steven and he was not as easy to talk to and i was not able to meet with him and sit down and talk about it. Maytal did all that, even meeting up with me in a coffee shop to sit and talk and show me pieces. Maytal helped pick out my stone going with other people as well as her reccomended supplier, and was always available. Steven just wasnt as nice, and his facebook page turned me off, looks like a guido (maybe its not really him???)

here are the pics of the final product.

I fully reccomend maytal.
Different designers work well/mesh for different people. That's great that Maytal nailed what you wanted. Some people want to be involved on every detail, work collaboratively, or hands off. That's the beauty of PS. We read posts and get a feeling of what designer would be a good choice for us based on our needs.

I just don't understand how his physical appearance has ANY bearing on the choice. I understand that you felt he wasn't responsive to your project but the other...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely ring! We need a handshot please!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well your ring turned out beautifully!

mrb09

Rough_Rock
Lovely ring! Just wanted to say, forget his fb page, he's not a guido...i spent hours in his office. The guy is super receptive-has incredible attention to detail-and I'm looking forward to doing business with him for my fiances band as well.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I had to put that out there.

Your ring is fantastic! Congrats!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Maytal is real sweet and is totally focused on making her customer happy.

Steve is a nice guy but he isn't chatty like Leon Mege. He is more get down to it and get it down. He tries to understand your vision and execute it very quickly. It all depends on what you need.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I've always heard great things about Maytal. Didn't she used to work for Michael Beaudry?

speed51133

Rough_Rock
yeah, i guess i feel bad now commenting poorly on steven kirsh, i have no reason to other than he was not as communicative as Maytal.
The facebook pic, well, im sorry, when Im spending that much money, physical appearance does matter to me.

I also met Maytal's baby/todler and saw her as a nice mom, and I love supporting that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results