carat
color
clarity

Which band goes better with my AVC?

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hospatogi|1310359858|2966267 said:
My engagement ring tapers from 3mm down to 2mm. What do you all think of going for a wider wedding band? Another option is going for a 4mm carre cut band? Is that too bulky?

I would stick to the proportions of that carre wedding band, personally.

stci

Ideal_Rock
The first one hands down!!!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The first one looks just perfect with your ring!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
The first one looks like it was made just for your beautiful ER!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Hospatogi said:
My engagement ring tapers from 3mm down to 2mm. What do you all think of going for a wider wedding band? Another option is going for a 4mm carre cut band? Is that too bulky?

I personally wouldn't go with the 4mm, I think it would overpower your e-ring. I think the 2.3mm band you posted looks perfect.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder how Leon's antique calibre band would go with my engagement ring?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First one is great!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I am loving #1, it is a gorgeous combo!!!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Hospatogi|1310443941|2966982 said:
I wonder how Leon's antique calibre band would go with my engagement ring?

Ooh I love that band and personally think it'd look great!! :love:

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
OK, I guess I am going against the overwhelming tide of public opinion BUT...

I prefer the elongated/square French cut band more than the carre band.

If you prefer a matchy-matchy look, then of course the carre band is perfect. But since you're trying non-matchy bands I'm guessing you're open to going that route.

I really like the French cut band because it allows the tapered shape of your e-ring to stand out a little more - maybe it's because there is more "negative space" between e-ring and wband, with the alternative shapes. I also think that the two rings complement each other, and allow the rings to be visually distinct from one another, by not blending into a matchy set look.

Both are beautiful though! The carre band is definitely a classic look also. You can't go wrong either way, but since you asked, that is my two cents :rodent:

Enjoy your gorgeous ring and our nice Socal weather!

ETA: I think the antique calibre would look awesome also!! Again, distinct, different, but complementary. My only hesitation (personally) would be that I remember Wintotty said it got dirty really easily with those deep little valleys. But I know other people on here have the calibre - I'd be curious if it got noticeably dirtier than a typical diamond band.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Another option could be channel set square carre and french cuts to add some visual interest to an otherwise very matchy matchy wedding band. I dont know how it would look and it would def have to be custom made.

Lovestreet- I am open to both options however my concern is that I have a fairly active lifestyle and I have a feeling that the elongated french cut band is more delicate. Which probably means that I wont wear it quite as often as I could with the channel set carre band. I love the idea of Leon's antique calibre band however while I am sure it would look great with my e-ring its probably too thin to wear as a stand alone piece.

pkanawha

Rough_Rock
Hey, I'm no lady, but I hope I have good taste! :lol: Anyway, number one to be sure. The second ring is very attractive in its own right. But it distracts one from the main ring. The first one complements it and that's what you want.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
pkanawha|1310608917|2968458 said:
Hey, I'm no lady, but I hope I have good taste! :lol: Anyway, number one to be sure. The second ring is very attractive in its own right. But it distracts one from the main ring. The first one complements it and that's what you want.
I am sure you have excellent taste as most of the gents on pricescope do..sorry if I implied otherwise !! ;-) I certainly appreciate you chiming in and I welcome and value all the feedback i can get ! :) My fiance is in complete agreement with you. He really likes the carre cut band best of all as well ! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results