shape
carat
color
clarity

GOLDEN Bracelet from Jose

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So, my birthday was coming up, and I couldn't decide what I wanted. I contacted Jose at TahitianPearls.biz and asked him what he had since the items I liked on his website were sold out. We talked for a little bit about various options within my budget. He sent me these pics of some possibilities from a new shipment.

F_MULTI.JPG

F_GREEN.JPG

F_GOLDEN.JPG

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I considered the multi strand for a while, and he offered to change out the too-dark pearls for me. After changing the black ones out, it still would have come to just over $500 for the full necklace, including the 14K clasp. A good price, I thought. I asked him for an "ordinary" photo, so I could see it in a more real life lighting. Some of those colors are amazing, especially the blues! :love:

The posted photo is darker than it is on my screen. :rolleyes:

cropP1160189.JPG

iLander

Ideal_Rock
But Flygirl knows me too well, because she mentioned in another post that I might end up with goldens. She was right!

I just have a thing for the goldens, and on my skin color, they look REALLY good. :love:

So he selected half of the strand that he showed me, and I ended up with these pearls. I LOVE the semi-baroque goldens, you don't see a lot of those. It was the day before my birthday by the time I made up my mind, and he knotted them and sent them over night, just in time to make the deadline. :appl:

From his email "Here's a large picture of the 14 bracelet pearls we've selected. The size is 10.0-11.5mm. The total length of the pearls on the wire is 6.25 inches. We'd expect another 0.5 inch in knots, so we're at about 6.75 inches plus the clasp, for a total length of about 7.5 inches." I didn't want to spend a lot of money on the bracelet, so I chose to go with less expensive, slightly blemished pearls at about half the cost of the round golden bracelets on his site. In RL I really don't see the blemishes, and I love :love: the graceful drop shape. The color is a darker golden, to match my necklace from him. He has lighter goldens that I could have gotten even cheaper, but I opted to match the original strand.

I'll add my own pics shortly.

He did an amazing job for me, and I'm really pleased with the bracelet and his customer service.

goldenbracelet.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Here are my pics, I am just thrilled with the bracelet! :appl: :appl:

BRACELETa.jpg

BRACELETWRIST.jpg

BRACELETSET.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my god, islander, how could you have even considered anything but the goldens?! i can't believe you actually considered anything else!!!!! they are great....and i assume natural color?

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1298309416|2856613 said:
my god, islander, how could you have even considered anything but the goldens?! i can't believe you actually considered anything else!!!!! they are great....and i assume natural color?

MoZo
Hi Mozo! :wavey:

LOL! I have to admit that I am a Sucker for goldens. I can't seem to help myself! :shock: I think I've run out of stuff to get in goldens though. :(( But Jose did suggest a tin cup necklace . . . :naughty:

Jose is VERY adamant on the natural color. It's all over his paperwork and his receipts and he stands behind it 100%. I suspect that one day, when my strand goes to Sotheby's (because I have passed on and they had to pull them out of my cold, dead hands :bigsmile: ), my DD will know enough to send them to the GIA so they will go for the maximum price. I think it will only confirm what Jose says.

I did take the original strand to a jeweler that is a GIA gemologist and pearls course graduate, and he looked VERY carefully with a microscope and said they weren't dyed. Jose is also a pearls graduate. Of course, we all know that only the GIA knows 100%, and sometimes they don't even know.

I did see some dyed goldens at a bead show and they look dyed. There's a certain flatness to the color that's hard to describe. But if I didn't have my bracelet on to compare to I might have been fooled. :o

When I was working with Jose on the bracelet, I found out that his company is a wholesaler to jewelry stores throughout Southern California. I think the internet business is just a small sideline to his "real" business.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I've been waiting to see these. :cheeky:

You are our very own Golden Girl, iLander. That bracelet is perfection with your necklace. Absolutely stunning color. I love your earrings as well; beautiful golden color to those. Frankly, I'm with you on a few imperfections on the bracelet. It is going to get banged around a bit, and I know that I would fuss too much if I paid for perfect pearls in a bracelet. Better to be able to enjoy wearing it.

I know what you mean about dying giving a flatter color. I notice it with any organic material, be it hair, fur, or pearls. Natural colors have a sweetness and depth that dyed materials do not.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set. :appl:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my Ilander :love: The sheen of those on my crappy moniter is gorgeous, I can imagine how lovely they are in person! Well done and a happy belated birthday to you :wavey:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
So gorgeous I am drooling over here. Love your goldens. I would love to own some someday. I'll keep ogling yours and dreaming for now.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Just Beautiful :appl: :appl: :appl: Enjoy

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Flygirl! You predicted it, FG, I ended up with more goldens! I think you're right, I've been wearing it a lot, since I'm not too worried about it being banged. :bigsmile:

Thank you, LG! It's nice to see you, I've missed you since I haven't gotten to CS much lately! :wavey:

Thanks, Artdecogirl, you're sweet. We are not going to talk about how old I am, though. :nono:

Blacksand, I'm sure you'll have a ton of goldens, even sooner than you think! :appl:

Thank you, 4Ranch, how are things in your neck of the woods? Can't wait to see your next new goody. :naughty:

Thanks, Bean, what is it about pearls that we like so much? :confused:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hi iLander :wavey: , nice to see you posting again, I've been too busy to post often too.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I need some of those.
I really need some of those.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous goldens Ilander!

And of course, Happy Birthday!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
IndyLady|1301934514|2887454 said:
Gorgeous goldens Ilander!

And of course, Happy Birthday!!

Thank you, Indy! :wavey: :bigsmile:

bebe

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1301576201|2884125 said:
bebe|1301534948|2883898 said:
I need some of those.
I really need some of those.

Well he still has the other half of my strand :naughty:

Or, he just got some lumpier (more baroque) golden full strands, that are even cheaper than my bracelet:

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/golden-south-sea-pearl-necklace/drop-golden-south-sea-pearl-necklace-gnms.htm

He's very good about returns, if you decide to pull the trigger. Or you can call him, these guys all have stuff "in the back".

I've looked at what I think is his website and I don't see any prices or such - I guess 'cus it's not a retail site.
But I kinda/might think I want a baroque chunky necklace of Goldens to wear to my DD's wedding. But again, just thinking
about this at this point. Any clue how much a 16" substantial baroque necklace would cost?

Or maybe Goldens mixed with briolette (sp) crystals and other pretties. The hunt is on ......

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Ok, just realized I was looking at another Golden site that definitely is wholesale. It came up on my FB feed, sorry.
But off to TahitianPearls to look

iLander

Ideal_Rock
bebe|1302701953|2894887 said:
Ok, just realized I was looking at another Golden site that definitely is wholesale. It came up on my FB feed, sorry.
But off to TahitianPearls to look

Make sure you go to TahitianPearls.BIZ. There are site with similar names, but Jose's site ends in BIZ

Can you click through on this link? http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results