shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's have some fun! Want to give it a shot?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! It's a quiet Saturday morning here and I am having some time to myself while my kids are preoccupied with kids' stuff. I will be receiving this is about one week's time (depending on USPS shipping) and this is a 1.76ct, 6.45 X 6.40 X 5.05mm asscher. According to the cutter, the picture is a little overexposed and in real life, it is a strong blue green colour.

Anyone wants to take a shot at guessing what this stone is and who the cutter is?

Asscher.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey! Where have you been? Hope all's well.

Green grossular?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Harriet! Everything has been well, thank you, except for one sad news, which is that my dear aunt, who had helped me look after my two boys had passed away. Things are very different without her, we all miss her and of course, everyday is a mad rush now, having to juggle kids and work. That's why I have not been posting much.

But hey, the rules are to guess the cutter and the stone. You will have to submit your guess again :naughty: !

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
My condolences... :saint:

My guess: Mint Garnet by Peter Torraca? :naughty:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Sad to hear about your Aunt....

My guess is also Peter Torraca !

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
SimplySplendid,

I'm sorry for your loss.

Peter Torraca came to mind.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is Tourmaline.

I too am sorry for your loss. Sending ((((hugs))))

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photo shot reminds me of Prasiolite but they usually do not veer towards blue-green...so my next guess is Tourmaline. And for cutter I'm thinking Peter Torraca or possibly Doug Menadue?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
For a green grossular it seems very saturated, so I vote tourmaline too. Doug Menadue comes to mind, maybe Roger Dery or Peter T.

--- Laurie

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! Not bad, not bad indeed! Most of you have half the answer right. Harriet's got it spot on. It is indeed a mint green grossular garnet by Peter Torraca. I am looking forward to it. I also have a trilliant mahenge spinel from him which I have set into a ring. I will take pictures and post later.

Hi Roger, thanks for dropping by!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
AAAAAAAAAAAA I forgot you got the Trilliant Spinel!!!!!!

Oh MAN !!!!
I NEED to see pics of that one !!!! :love: :love: :love:

And the green grossular ~ one of my eternal favorite stones !!!!!!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh heck, missed on both counts. It is a beauty. I love mint grossular garnets -- pics pics please!

--- Laurie

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, color me jealous! I bet it's stunning!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Grossular and Peter

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
simplysplendid|1301784615|2886191 said:
Hello! Not bad, not bad indeed! Most of you have half the answer right. Harriet's got it spot on. It is indeed a mint green grossular garnet by Peter Torraca. I am looking forward to it. I also have a trilliant mahenge spinel from him which I have set into a ring. I will take pictures and post later.

Thanks, dear. Do I get out favourite Yeo Hiap Seng chrysanthemum tea as a prize? ;-)

Unfortunately, I can't take all the credit. Blithsome was spot on and, I think, Ooo~Shiney was too.

Nonetheless, please have some of that yellow stuff for me. ;-)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
simplysplendid|1301784615|2886191 said:

Thanks, dear. Do I get out favourite Yeo Hiap Seng chrysanthemum tea as a prize? ;-)

Unfortunately, I can't take all the credit. Blithsome was spot on and, I think, Ooo~Shiney was too.

Nonetheless, please have some of that yellow stuff for me. ;-)

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! There may be some shipping problem that I hope will get sorted out.

Hi Harriet, yes you can have your YHS Ju Hua Cha and Wintermelon Tea and Lychee Drink and Sugarcane Drink too! Thanks for pointing out my omission, it just did not occur to me that mint garnet would be grossular garnet! Sorry ladies..

drsarno

Rough_Rock
any advice for someone looking to purchase a mint grossular garnet?

Ive heard the prices can be quite variable in today's market, how did you choose yours, and your vendor?

i love their subtlety and cant wait to get my own!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I'm afraid I don't have any advice here. I just work with a cutter that I trust and communicate with him very clearly what I am looking for and the budget to work with and go from there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results