shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Victor Canera reset my 3.39 ct OEC! Tapered French cuts

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. My. :love: :love:

That is absolutely stunning! Can't wait for more photos!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I will be waiting on the edge of my seat for the pics on Thursday!!!! It is so beautiful!!!! :love: :lickout: :o :bigsmile: :love: :naughty:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Love it!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I'm stunned speechless!!! :o

That is unbelievably GORGEOUS!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love:
Can't want to see your IRL pictures.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: So cannot wait to see this puppy on your finger!... I love his work and I agree super nice sweetheart of a guy.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
LGK-it's stunning! So glad you found the perfect setting for your beautiful diamond. Can't wait for more pics!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG my jaw just hit the keyboard!! It's amazing!! The profile is TO DIE FOR!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
LGK, it looks gorgeous! Wow!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
lulu|1300895342|2878221 said:
Gorgeous! You should save save everyone some time and post pics in the "lust" thread too!

Ditto this - ha-ha.

It's incredible. Only one more sleep (for you -- and us!) until it's on your finger! Can't wait to see IRL photos.

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
Oh how stunning!~!!! CANT wait to see more photos!!! :love: :love: and really, i really DO love those french cut side stones....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cannot wait for handshots! I am amazed at how quickly this was done. And it looks flat out fabulous! Yay! Wear it in good health honey!

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
It is an amazing looking ring! Enjoy it!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Victor, Victor, Victor........you've outdone yourself. :mrgreen:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That ring is stunning. Seriously perfect!!! :love: :love: :love:

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
All I can say is "WOW"!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect setting for your gorgeous OEC!!!!! :appl: The whole ring is truly beyond words stunning!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Ditto every single thing said on this thread.

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I just can't leave this thread alone. That lil' pic went straight into my Favourites folder.. I'm *really* looking forward to seeing more pics :appl:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I love you guys! Nobody else understands how ridiculous we all are over waiting for something in the mail, haha. I'm totally on tenterhooks here. I'm so thrilled you all think the bezel works nicely too- I'm really thrilled with how it worked out, and glad I went with this design from Victor specifically- I just clicked with him, and his work has always just struck a chord with me. I love how this setting neatly fulfills all the things I wanted in one lovely package- no melee I can lose/damage, antique styled but not so ornate it distracts from the center stone, flatters the M color, beautiful profile, and sturdy enough to last forever. (And engraving. I love engraving- it's such a fabulous touch when done well, and not high maintenance.)

The truly amazing thing is that Victor was done with it almost a week ago (friday); I was the one who delayed the ship-out actually- and it was actually *also* delayed by me pondering the bezel vs. prongs thing for four or five days too, at the beginning of the project. (Ahem. I'm sure noooobody else here can relate with the wishy-washyness of a PSer resetting something. Snort. ;)) ) Really it was an amazingly fast job; I would guess from the point where I said "go" to Victor saying "done", it was like a week and a few days. I have had to wait for way, way, way longer for really simple repairs from other jewelers. Can I just say again that Victor is awesome? ::)

Sometimes my UPS guy- who I know pretty well, embarrassingly so, haha- brings me any really super important overnight packages early when the antique mall opens at 10, rather than making me wait til afternoon... I hope he does that tomorrow too! Otherwise I'll be spazzing all over the place tomorrow at work, waiting. :tongue:

I have a good camera for closeups, and a spiffy new laptop- so I will for sure get some handshots. And a kitty litter shot for Circe! :naughty: (You think I'm kidding but I'm not!)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaaaaaaaahhhh!! Can't wait!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Woah, that is gorgeous!!! :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is it 10am yet??? I can't stand the wait! I am dying to see this baby on your hand....

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LGK, it looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see it!! It's a setting that I was very interested in as well, but hadn't looked into yet because I don't have the rock yet :oops: . Can't wait to see your pictures :appl: :appl: !

Congratulations on a fabulous ring!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire|1300969195|2878797 said:
Is it 10am yet??? I can't stand the wait! I am dying to see this baby on your hand....

Pictures.... :wavey:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
No pics yet? I'm about to pee my pants over here!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Not here yet! It's 10:10, and I am pretty sure my UPS guy is going to make me wait at least another 3-4 hours. :-o twitch twitch

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I looked at the clock and thought, "it's 10!! she had to have posted pics!" Damn. Damn UPS making you wait.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
LGK|1300986690|2879051 said:
Not here yet! It's 10:10, and I am pretty sure my UPS guy is going to make me wait at least another 3-4 hours. :-o twitch twitch

BOO ups.

although I have to say I went to victor's website and saw the pics of your ring and was WOWed again!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1300988705|2879104 said:
LGK|1300986690|2879051 said:

BOO ups.

although I have to say I went to victor's website and saw the pics of your ring and was WOWed again!
Haha slg- you found that group of pics of my ring before I'd found them- I hadn't seen those pics actually, and I was all set to spend some time perusing them to tide me over when... the UPS truck pulled up!

SO IT'S HERE! :appl: My UPS guy came earlier than usual to bring it to me- not quite 10 AM, but he didn't make me wait until 3! He came up to me and was like "You're super excited for this, I know it." So I told him that yes, I was and THANK YOU for bringing my ring back to me fast, so I didn't have to die of impatience. He walked out still laughing at me tearing into the box like crazy. :rodent:

I unboxed it ASAP- it came in the appropriate large UPS box sans the word "jewelry" or "diamonds" on the return addy, and with a gorgeous wood box. One of my co-workers, C, (who also adores jewelry, and whom I have known for like 11 years) snatched it out of my hand and tried it on first, much to my amusement. So she spent about 10 minutes louping it, and then passed it to my husband, and then another co-worker had a (thankfully quick) look- then I finally got to see it :lol: I would have lost patience and (nicely, I swear) ripped it out of C's hot little hands, but DH was busy telling me something rather important- not realizing really that I was barely able to listen at that point. And all the while C is cooing to my ring in the background and I'm wondering if it looks as neat in person as it did in pics, but really not knowing yet. I think he finally realized I was a bit of a lost cause and let me spend some time with my new ring and a loupe. :bigsmile:

Anyway. It's frigging amazing in person! I seriously almost died of excitement when I saw it- it looks fabulous in pictures but they do *not* do it justice. The French cuts have these huge beautiful facets that work perfectly with the OEC faceting. The flared taper of the shank is absolutely, precisely like I'd envisioned it; in fact the flare-out is perfect, and a bit more pronounced IRL than in the pics. The color match is dead on. In the fluorescent lights here at work it looks perfectly white- indeed whiter than it has looked in any other setting. Why, I got no clue- but it's just perfectly white, barely any hint of off-whiteness.

The engraving is top notch- he added these amazingly pretty wee little orange blossoms in a few places. (Ooooh! :love:) And he did exactly the style of engraving I adore, with a swirly Art Nouveau type of curl/floral flourish sort of design on the top of the shank, and the wheat pattern on the sides. (Another example of Victor's mind reading abilities- I'd left the exact style and type of filigree and the engraving up to him, other than asking for it.)

The bezel is so fine it's practically invisible, it is the teensiest border of millgrain possible. The handmade detail on the underside is lovely. And the engraving on the border of the basket is killer. Victor's work is way more delicate than pictures show, which I'd suspected but seeing in person is something else entirely. It looks *great* on the hand- sparkly, ornate, but it absolutely showcases the center stone in a lovely way.

I totally forgot what size I had it made at- 5.25, since it's a bit on the thicker size in terms of shank. (I wear anywhere from 4.5 with the skinniest shank to 5.5 with a thick one). I'm warm from running up and down several flights of stairs and it fits perfectly, not too tight but not spinning. It feels substantial- heavy but not too much so.

OK enough yap! I'm gonna go take some pics now :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shoo, stop posting and hurry up and get those pics!! :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results