shape
carat
color
clarity

Tinted brown diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

barbalew

Rough_Rock
My husband and i purchased some diamonds abroad. We were told they were J-K on the color scale but when we had them certified they are in fact 'tinted brown' (off the scale). We bought them as an investment and i am really worried now that we have made a big mistake and will never get our purchase price back. The stones are a 1.10ct round brilliant cut VS1 in 18ct gold ring setting and 3.10ct round brillian SI2 in 18ct pendant setting and we paid around £9,850 ($17,800).We would appreciate any comments!!
confused.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
maybe if they are actually brown they will have some value as colored stones. are they pretty?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To me, an "investment" possibility happens when I can spend money in hopes of making money. To think of gems as an "investment" is generally a bad plan if one defines it as I would.

If one means to buy diamonds, wear them with a degree of pleasure over many years and sell them someday for whatver rthey will bring, then I suppose one might say that was their own style of "investing". I'd say this is not a good thing to do, but this is what makes all of us individuals. It does no real harm to anyone, but financially it isn't so hot.

Brown diamonds have not been as popular as near colorless ones. I doubt this will change greatly. J-K in slightly yellow tint and not as popular as less colored diamonds, too. An investment needs liquidity, among many other things. The more popular the diamonds you invest in, the easier it will be to sell them when you wish to convert back to money. SO be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results