shape
carat
color
clarity

JAPAN Update From a Pearl Perspective

iLander

Ideal_Rock
As the horrifying news of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami came in, my mind turned to the pearl industry there.

I was concerned and emailed Sarah Cannizaro, since I figured she would know something. I got this email back, concerning the Kasumi pearl farmers:

"Thank you for your concern. I finally got in touch with the farmers last night and they are all safe. One of them was in the boat on Lake Kasumi when the earthquake hit and quickly made it to higher ground. Everything was destroyed in their houses .. and it will be some time before we know how the pearls fared inside the water... but the farmers are safe and healthy. I was very happy to hear that as they were not so far away from the epicenter.
I really appreciate you checking in about them... I was really worried and especially because it was impossible to get a phone call in for so many hours.
I hope this finds you well!, and I will let you know more as I do."

Well, that's horrible news; their possessions were destroyed, but I am gathering that their homes are intact (such as they are). My heart goes out to them.

I'd be interested to hear from PP if they've had any contact with their vendors. . .

Check the pearl guide forum. There was a message on there :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results